/*Drop Down Menu*/

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Holiday Star Wreath

Hello!  My name is Cathy and I am addicted to Christmas papers.  I love them. Every time a new line of Christmas papers comes out, I seem to be drawn to them and want to have them. Mind you it is not that I have a project planned for them, I just want to collect them so that I can gaze upon them at any time!  There, I've admitted it. Now perhaps I can move on to over come my addiction!  Or not!!

I have been really good this year, the only new Christmas papers that I acquired are digital sets that I was doing Design Team work with. However, I have so much Christmas paper left over from previous years, that it has it's own bin in my storage!  I love it so much I even save the scraps!  As I was going through that bin of scraps, I decided that I needed to use them on a project that would allow others to enjoy them as well, rather than keep them hostage in a drawer where I was the only one enjoying their beauty!  And this is what I made:

Here's how I made it. I took a bunch of the scrap pieces of Christmas paper that I had and cut a whole bunch of star shapes. I cut a circle frame from a piece of cardboard to be the base of my wreath.


I cut a bunch of stars out of plain green cardstock for the base and adhered them to the cardboard circle.  I then cut a bunch of stars out of decorative cardstock for the wreath design itself.  These stars I scored from outer point to inner point across all 5 points on each star.  I formed them to create a 3D barn star shape at the score lines.


Carefully placing hot glue at the corners that will rest on the wreath base, I adhered the decorative stars to the wreath.

Continue to adhere each of the decorative stars working around the wreath until you've adhered 2 layers of the decorative molded stars.


Add embellishments such as bows, a ribbon hanger, buttons or gems as you desire to complete the design of your wreath.

Mine looked great on my front door, but I've decided to hang it over a cabinet door in our kitchen.  Since I had originally created a looped hanger to go on an over-the-door wreath hanger, I added some additional ribbon loops to extend the hanger to fit the cabinet door.  It has really dressed up our kitchen and now we can all enjoy those gorgeous Christmas paper scraps that I've been hoarding!




I gained my inspiration for this project from Little Birdie Secrets.
Shared at:
Paper Issues
Crafty Boots
Crafty Bloggers Network
Cupcake Craft Challenges
Hooked on Crafts
Make My Monday
Ooh-la-la Creations
Come and Get It
Cupcake Inspirations
Dream Valley
GingerLoft
Paper Sundaes

28 comments:

  1. AWESOME! I must try this! Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week and good luck!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amazing..lovely..thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations this week

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it! I've been wanting to make a punched wreath and yours is exactly the inspiration I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH...MY...WORD! What an amazing wreath!!! Your use of the stars is fabulous--and that bow is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a lot of hard work you have put into this project :) Lots of sparkly wonderfulness :)
    Thanks for joining this week at Cupcake and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just love your wreath. I have made several of the Rosettes wreath and your stars would make a nice change.
    Really lovely. Thank you for taking time to play on Come and Get Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy this is so cool!! It rocks. great job on the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is a brilliant hanging and the red ribbons are beautiful. Thanks for sharing your method too and for joining in at MMM this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just wonderful Cathy, I love the colors and the way you placed the ribbon, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cathy...this is fabulous and the tutorial was great too. Thank you for entering the Make My Monday red ribbon challenge. Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another creative idea Cathy! And a great idea to use up paper scraps too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! What a fantastic creation. Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic wreath I love it,such a great idea....Thanks for sharing with us at Hooked on Craft....
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful what a fab idea thanks so much for joining us at paper sundaes and dream valley this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great sparkly wreath! Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week x

    ReplyDelete
  16. How beautiful - thanks for joining us this week at Make My Monday - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my - absolutely stunning! Love the papers you've uses; and thanks for the step out photos!!

    Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

    Hugs,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow - this is awesome. Thanks so much for joining us at MMM this week.
    Hugs
    Valxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! What an amazing project! Thanks for playing along at Dream Valley and have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! This is gorgeous! I may have to CASE it for next year LOL Thanks for joining us at GingerLoft Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous ribbon on a fabulous wreth. thank you for joining in at MMM :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful wreath! Thanks for joining us at Cupcakes. keeley

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a stunning wreath Cathy and such a fabulous way to use up those scraps.
    Thanks for playing along at MMM this week and lovely to see you.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, fab wreath. Thank you for joining in the fun at Crafty Boots Challenge.

    Best wishes for the holiday season.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well done on making the top 3 at MMM really is a stunning wreath :)
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow what a gorgeous creation I may have to use this for next year
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la hope to see you again
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just wanted to know I featured this wreath at Fun Family Crafts. You can see it here:

    http://funfamilycrafts.com/holiday-star-wreath/

    Thanks for a great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips