/*Drop Down Menu*/

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Last Minute Christmas Card Inspiration

Can you believe that it is 5 days until Christmas? Nope, me either!  I'm done all of my gift shopping (I think). I still need to get the perishable food items for the big feast!   I've still got a few gifts to pull together as far as wrapping and such.  So I've been busy making cards and wrapping what-nots.

Thought I would share a few projects with you for inspiration.

This first one is a gift card holder that can hang on a tree or be added as a embellishment to a gift.  When you open the flap......

... the pocket holding the gift card slides up!  I used some tiny magnets to keep the flap closed.  I also kept the design generic with no names or dates on it. This way the recipient can re-use it if they would like.

Wouldn't this be sweet on your tree with a special note tucked inside?  I'm making a note to add this as an Advent activity for my family next year. We'll each have a pocket that we can tuck special wishes in to be read on Christmas Eve!


Does the paper look familiar? Yep it's from the same digital kit that I used for the sliding gift card holder.  The kit is called Christmas Wishes and is by WM Squared Designs. More on that in a little bit.  This card has a nice lacy scallop edge and a very blingy glittery snowflake!  a simply yet elegant design.
Now about that digital kit.... You can find it at Scrap Orchards. And if you hurry - you can get it at 50% off today!!  In fact Wendy's whole store is 50% off today!








Shared at:
The Cheerful Stamp Pad
Crafty Boots
Critter Sketch
Digi Make Over Challenge
Hooked on Crafts
Karen's Doodles
Make My Monday
Truly Madly Crafty
Unstampabelles

Ingredients:
Digital Kit: Christmas Wishes by WM Squared
Twine: EK Success
Ribbon: Michaels
Glitter: Doodlebug Designs
Gift Card Template: Lori Whitlock

16 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic! This looks gorgeous on your tree and your advent holder for Christmas wishes is wonderful as well. :) Love your creativity!

    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Make It Monday.
    hugs,
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful idea Cathy, a lovely way to give a gift card. Thanks so much for joining us at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome gift card thingy!! I'm so happy to meet a hybrid scarpper :) I am trying to slowly make the transition.....actually its only slow cuz I am currently without ink for my printer.....lol. I do both paper and digi and really love that so many of the big companies are starting to put digital product out there.....anyway....found you via Make It Monday and am a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also notices your Autism support blinkie...we may have more in common than I thought....we need to talk :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY cool! I love the fact that you used printed digital paper. Thanks so much for playing at PMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project. Thank you for joining us at Karen's Doodles and good luck.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute..

    thanks for playing with us at PMS Digi Challenge..

    Ivette_DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! Thanks for playing in the Critter Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so creative with gift cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there,
    What a Gorgeous Gift Card Holder!!! Love the dp, the colour scheme is just perfect. Love the little wreath.
    Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
    Hugs Jacqui xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cathy, this is OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!

    Coming to visit through Make it Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a clever gift card design! Love that it can be an ornament and re-used. :) Thanks so much for joining at Digi Makeover Challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a darling card - great way to give a gift! Thanks for joining us this time at Critter Sketch for our "Let it Snow" challenge. Merry Christmas! NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cathy,
    Absolutely great Gift Card Holder.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Critter Sketch, good luck.
    Hugs,
    Justyna x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great gift cards.


    All of the excitement of the past week or so has put me well behind, sorry. I hope your Christmas was as good as mine and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a very happy New Year.

    Thank you for entering this Crafty Boots challenge.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute!

    Thanks for participating at the Critter Sketch Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips