/*Drop Down Menu*/

Thursday, January 5, 2012

50 Things/ a Template/ and 10 Acts of Kindness





Looking for a KINDNESS update?  Scroll down a little bit!



The energy of the New Year got me looking back over my life. I wanted to capture things about me.  Just stuff.  Little things.  Items that might change over time, some things that might remain the same. But just a bunch of those everyday kind of things that you don't really think about, mixed with a few big things.  And I wanted to get it captured NOW!  That is what inspired me to create this page.


I created the page digitally.  So I've got a layered .psd template to share with you as well as the .jpg that you can use as a sketch.  You can read more about them over at the Ideas For Scrapbookers blog today.

You can click HERE to download the layered .psd file as well as the sketch.


KINDNESS UPDATE:
Today my oldest son and I set out to spread some kindness.  We are calling them ARKs... Acts of Random Kindness. Although, some of them are pre-planned and maybe not so "random"  Hehehehe!!!  Here is what we accomplished today:

* Held the door for a man at Dunkin Donuts that was carrying out boxes of donuts.  I'm guessing he was providing some kindness for others!


* Took the hot cocoa we got at DD's to the mail carrier we see walking on foot everyday. It was a cold day. She looked so happy!!  Hope it kept her warm!


* Found "stray" carts at the grocery store and returned them to the front of the shop.

My son works at this market and often gathers up carts. I think he was loving taking pics of mom doing his job!  It sure did give me a greater appreciation for the people that do this everyday!




* Then we popped inside the market and hid coupons all about!

* Left quarters on the washing machine at the laundromat.



My son was such a sport taking photos and having fun celebrating with me, that I treated him to lunch at Wendy's.

* Paid for the car behind me at the drive-thru at Wendy's.  It seemed to mess up the system for the employees, but they were good about it!

* Gave a student a ride from the High School where he was working out with the football team to the middle school so he could get to basketball try-outs.

* Gave another student a ride home from football workouts.

* Donated to the Salvation Army.

* Created and shared the digi-scrapbook template freebie!

That's 10.  Let's keep going!

I'm so glad so many of you are joining me!!! Here are a few things that have been shared with me today:

*Dawn in Tuscon AZ bought lunch for a homeless man!
*Jenni in IN gave some great guidance and help to a new co-worker that was really letting the job get to her!
*Joy in NM sent home-made chicken soup to a single mom co-worker that is sick with whooping cough!

If we can spread this much kindness in just one day, imagine what we will accomplish by the end of the month!!!!

I look forward to sharing your acts of kindness too. Remember that you can share the kindness that you have been spreading. Simply leave it as a comment on any of my Kindness Update posts throughout the month of January!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Your layout is inspiring as are you ARKs. Thank you so much for sharing a part of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cathy, I always thought you were such a sweet lady, but this takes the cake! It's my birthday next month too, and I was planning to "celebrate" it month long,and now, I'm seriously considering adapting your idea of random acts of kindness to make it more meaningful! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy! You have inspired me! I have been searching for something to journal but nothing came to mind. Then I read your kindness post. So I have decided to keep a kindness journal for 365 days! I aspire to commit at LEAST one ARK a day and record it. Yesterday, I was so happy with my hair cut, I over tipped and the guy really seemed to appreciate it. I pledge to do one ARK per day! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 4 post on Jan. 06, 2012. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I'm a little late to post, but I like to share what I make when I can and it's taken me this long! :) You guys are awesome for doing those acts of kindness!!!

    Here's the layout I made with your freebie template! https://www.pixelscrapper.com/tina-shaw/gallery/all-about-me-many-things-me-september-2014-edition-layout-sept-challenge-aqua

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips