Looking for a KINDNESS update? Scroll down a little bit!
The energy of the New Year got me looking back over my life. I wanted to capture things about me. Just stuff. Little things. Items that might change over time, some things that might remain the same. But just a bunch of those everyday kind of things that you don't really think about, mixed with a few big things. And I wanted to get it captured NOW! That is what inspired me to create this page.
I created the page digitally. So I've got a layered .psd template to share with you as well as the .jpg that you can use as a sketch. You can read more about them over at the Ideas For Scrapbookers blog today.
You can click HERE to download the layered .psd file as well as the sketch.
Today my oldest son and I set out to spread some kindness. We are calling them ARKs... Acts of Random Kindness. Although, some of them are pre-planned and maybe not so "random" Hehehehe!!! Here is what we accomplished today:
* Took the hot cocoa we got at DD's to the mail carrier we see walking on foot everyday. It was a cold day. She looked so happy!! Hope it kept her warm!
My son works at this market and often gathers up carts. I think he was loving taking pics of mom doing his job! It sure did give me a greater appreciation for the people that do this everyday!
My son was such a sport taking photos and having fun celebrating with me, that I treated him to lunch at Wendy's.
* Paid for the car behind me at the drive-thru at Wendy's. It seemed to mess up the system for the employees, but they were good about it!
* Gave a student a ride from the High School where he was working out with the football team to the middle school so he could get to basketball try-outs.
* Gave another student a ride home from football workouts.
* Donated to the Salvation Army.
* Created and shared the digi-scrapbook template freebie!
That's 10. Let's keep going!
I'm so glad so many of you are joining me!!! Here are a few things that have been shared with me today:
*Dawn in Tuscon AZ bought lunch for a homeless man!
*Jenni in IN gave some great guidance and help to a new co-worker that was really letting the job get to her!
*Joy in NM sent home-made chicken soup to a single mom co-worker that is sick with whooping cough!
If we can spread this much kindness in just one day, imagine what we will accomplish by the end of the month!!!!
I look forward to sharing your acts of kindness too. Remember that you can share the kindness that you have been spreading. Simply leave it as a comment on any of my Kindness Update posts throughout the month of January!