I've also got a Kindness Update, and this is a BIGGIE - so keep reading!!!
Folkart Love by Paper Garden Projects. You can snag this kit as a bundle (click that link), or you can pick up the papers, elements, borders and tags separately. The box is also by Paper Garden Projects and is available as cutting file.
I cute a second butterfly that I embossed with some blingy glitter and adhered over the original cut. Added a few gems too - can never have too much bling!
The box is the perfect size to tuck in a full-size candy bar, several packs of gum, or a bunch of smaller candies. Your Valentine's sweet tooth will be very happy!
Attention Silhouette users: the kit and individual products for all of the elements, borders and tags also include Silhouette "Print and Cut" files!! This kit is perfect for hybrid or traditional crafters!!! You will be seeing more projects from me using this kit!!
I've got more updates on my Kindness promise this month. Kindness and Valentine's... they sort of go hand-in-hand!
* Handed out an unused gift card to a family at the toy store. Cleaning things up I came across an old gift card. My kids don't really shop at the toy shop any more. Believe it or not, this card still had a balance on it. So I took it to the store and greeted a family in the parking lot. I think I made their day!
* Left change at the gumball machine at the toy store too!
* I hid coupons at the grocery store.
* I used reusable shopping bags. We've got to be kind to the environment too!
* Donated books to a children's library.
* I read a book to kids at the Barnes & Noble store.
* Brought dinner to a friends family. The family has been hit with some medical problems lately, the son was in the hospital last week, the mom this week. I figured they could use a break from having to cook!
* Provided some encouragement to a friend that is opening a new chapter in her life.
* Left lots of positive comments on other artists blogs.
* Became an organ donor.
And guess what? I've done it!! I met my commitment!! With more than 5 days still left to go in the month too! I fit in one Act of Random Kindness for each year of my life!! Wow! Does that feel good!!
Just because I met my commitment, doesn't mean I'm going to stop! Kindness is contagious, and it's good for the soul of the giver and receiver!! Let's keep on spreading Kindness every chance that we get!!
Glenda in Pa is still spreading Kindness. She shared another kindness story with me:
" I was having blood work done at the lab today. A mother and her small son was in front of me. He may have been 2 or 3 years old. The little boy was so good and did not cry at all. So I reached into my wallet and took out a dollar bill. When he came out I gave it to him and said "You were such a good boy and you really deserve a reward for being so good." He and his Mom smiled, thanked me and went on their way. The smile on his face was something that I really needed today !!! Blessings for both of us = ) "
Isn't that so sweet?
I'd love to hear what kindness you have been doing. Leave me a comment and let me know!