/*Drop Down Menu*/

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Valentines and Kindness

Can you believe that we are quickly approaching the end of January? one-twelfth of the year gone!  Well almost!!  Which also means that Valentine's Day is just around the corner! I've been working on some Valentine projects. I've got one to share today.

I've also got a Kindness Update, and this is a BIGGIE - so keep reading!!!

This candy bar box is a hybrid creation. I used the brand new digital kit Folkart Love by Paper Garden Projects. You can snag this kit as a bundle (click that link), or you can pick up the papers, elements, borders and tags separately. The box is also by Paper Garden Projects and is available as cutting file.

I cute a second butterfly that I embossed with some blingy glitter and adhered over the original cut.  Added a few gems too - can never have too much bling!


The box is the perfect size to tuck in a full-size candy bar, several packs of gum, or a bunch of smaller candies. Your Valentine's sweet tooth will be very happy!

Attention Silhouette users: the kit and individual products for all of the elements, borders and tags also include Silhouette "Print and Cut" files!!  This kit is perfect for hybrid or traditional crafters!!!  You will be seeing more projects from me using this kit!!

KINDNESS UPDATE!!!
I've got more updates on my Kindness promise this month.  Kindness and Valentine's... they sort of go hand-in-hand!

* Handed out an unused gift card to a family at the toy store. Cleaning things up I came across an old gift card. My kids don't really shop at the toy shop any more. Believe it or not, this card still had a balance on it. So I took it to the store and greeted a family in the parking lot. I think I made their day!

* Left change at the gumball machine at the toy store too!

* I hid coupons at the grocery store.

* I used reusable shopping bags. We've got to be kind to the environment too!

* Donated books to a children's library.

* I read a book to kids at the Barnes & Noble store.

* Brought dinner to a friends family. The family has been hit with some medical problems lately, the son was in the hospital last week, the mom this week. I figured they could use a break from having to cook!

* Provided some encouragement to a friend that is opening a new chapter in her life.

* Left lots of positive comments on other artists blogs.

* Became an organ donor.

And guess what? I've done it!!  I met my commitment!!  With more than 5 days still left to go in the month too!  I fit in one Act of Random Kindness for each year of my life!!  Wow!  Does that feel good!!

Just because I met my commitment, doesn't mean I'm going to stop!  Kindness is contagious, and it's good for the soul of the giver and receiver!!  Let's keep on spreading Kindness every chance that we get!!

Glenda in Pa is still spreading Kindness. She shared another kindness story with me: 
" I was having blood work done at the lab today. A mother and her small son was in front of me. He may have been 2 or 3 years old. The little boy was so good and did not cry at all. So I reached into my wallet and took out a dollar bill. When he came out I gave it to him and said "You were such a good boy and you really deserve a reward for being so good." He and his Mom smiled, thanked me and went on their way. The smile on his face was something that I really needed today !!! Blessings for both of us = ) "

Isn't that so sweet? 

I'd love to hear what kindness you have been doing. Leave me a comment and let me know!


Shared at:
Tip Junkie handmade projects

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on meeting your goal! I love the list of all your acts of kindness. What a wonderful thing. Here is my most recent kindness:

    http://www.foodbankccs.org/wordpress/2012/01/trevor-and-the-giant-pear-bin/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is beautiful, thank you for joining us this week at delightful challenges good luck.

    It is so inspirational to read your acts of kindness it's lovely to hear when people helping another it's such a great feeling. I try to incorporate small acts of kindness daily by opening doors being courteous carrying people's bags when they are struggling, sometimes just smiling can lift someone's spirits and giving elderly people time asking how they are and listening.

    Hugs Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your candy wrapper and on your kindness mission!

    Thanks for playing at DRS Designs - Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your candy wrapper is so cute! I enjoyed reading about your random acts of kindness. Just think how much better the world could be!!

    Thanks for playing in this week's heart challenge at DRS Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous box, love the DP!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors in your card are fabulous, they have a timeless elegance. I like you work.

    Plastic Card
    Plastic Card Printing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a huge believer in being kind. I believ it is contagious and can only spread goodness. I will think of you when I continue on with my day today and be sure to spread some love. Your little box is darling and love all of your hearts. Thanks for playing with us at DRS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet candy holder!! We need more people like you to spread kindness on a daily basis! I believe what you give will be brought back to you in wonderful ways!! Have a fabulous day and continue to live with a kind heart! Thanks for joining a Creative Need with this lovely creation!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cathy - you know how much I love your bling-y butterfly! Thanks ever so for sharing your project. And I'm seriously impresses by your random acts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty card you have made here. Thank you for taking part in the Crafty Purple Frog Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (The Crafty Purple Frog Design Team Member) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great creation!
    Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy!
    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful box.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty Creations this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what an excellent goal to meet :)
    You've got me thinking now lol.
    I love your design. The colours are great. Thanks for playing with us at Delightful Challenges & hope you will join us this week again on Thursday.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs
    Lisa Walsh
    Dreamtime Designs
    P.S I have candy if you are interested @ http://dreamtimedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh fabulous creation to send to someone just to say Hi! Thanks for cooking it up with us at Katie's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. just amazing, i love that fancy edge

    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog
    Designing for:
    Crafty Purple Frog , Craft Us Crazy ,Bearly Mine Designs and DT Coordinator Kenny K

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous creation. Love the edge. Great job, hun! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Purple Frog. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips