/*Drop Down Menu*/

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentine with Ribbon Flower


Here's another Valentine card for you to drool over.  It's hybrid. Meaning that I used digital papers to create this. They are from a kit called XOXO by ForeverJoy Designs. The sentiment is a digital stamp from the Valentine Sentiments set by Arty Pants Digital Stamps. I made this as a sample for the Card Caravan at The Hybrid Chick.

I created the bracket shape for the card in the Silhouette software. I then cut that shape on a piece of 8.5" x 11" paper that I had printed with the striped paper from the digi kit.

Since I don't like to waste paper, I printed one piece of 8.5"x11" paper with the dotted pattern and solid paper from the kit, each covering half the paper.  In the Silhouette software, I created a "print and cut" page with the sentiment as a print item. I sized an oval cut shape with the sentiment centered in it. I also placed a scalloped oval shape so that it would be on the dotted patterned paper. I set the Silhouette to "use registration marks" and sent it to the printer.

I was certain to place my paper back in the printer so that the sentiment would print on the solid portion. You can see it in the above image, as well as the printed registration marks. 

Once I ran it through the Silhouette to cut, I had these two shapes to use for my card sentiment.


The foliage is a cut file from Penny Duncan. I simply replicated a mirrored image to create the 2 sets of leaves. I cut them on the green solid paper from the kit, and inked them up.


I love those glubber type flowers!  But I don't have any glubbers. So I created one. I used a sheet of Humongo Adhesive and cut a 2" circle from it.  I then wet some seam binding and scrunched it up to get it all wrinkly.  I then adhered the seam binding to one side of the adhesive circle.  I added a heart shape center.  I edged the heart with some Bridal Tinsel and heat embossed it, popped a gem in the center for a little more bling. Can you ever have too much bling??

Hope you are having a creative week!
Shared at:

Tip Junkie handmade projects





28 comments:

  1. Stunning card. love your choice of papers and your tutorial.
    Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft Challenge.

    Laurence

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab Entry, thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge, Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. That flower made out of ribbon is just stunning!

    Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley and at Lexi's Creations.

    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, super colours. Thanks for sharing at OLLCB this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card,love the ribbon flower.
    Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot this week.
    Jayne x

    http://jayne-designs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card and wonderful ribbon flower :)
    Thank you for playing with us at Kenny K's Krafty Girlz :)
    Hugs Lilli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutly adorable!! Love the soft shabby style! Thanks for joining my challenge over at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice, lovely papers and colours. Simple and effecient. Thanks for joining s this week at Robyn's Fetish Challenge.

    Laurence

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, I love the seam binding ribbon. Thanks for joining us in There's Magic in the Air challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful design- I love the ribbon flower
    So glad you could share with us at
    Creative Inspirations Paint

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card,great shape and I love the flower...Thanks for joining in with us at Hooked on Craft,hope to see you next time...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, this is so elegant! thank you so much for entering our last challenge at Die Cut Dreams. Good luck and hope to see you around blogland in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful Card! Thank you for showing some love with Kenny K's Krafty Girlz!xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for showing the steps to make this card, and thank you for playing along at Dream Valley!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays. Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wooowww this is beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at KennyK's!

    gr. arjette.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSC your lovely card, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card, Cathy! I am just beginning to learn about digital images and hybred. The more I look at other peoples projects, the more I realize I need to learn. But I love learning these things so it's all good.
    Love that card!
    Reny

    ReplyDelete
  19. A great take on the pink and red theme... adorable card and pretty flower! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake, Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice card. I like your Cricut pictures too. Thanks so much for taking part in this week’s Love challenge on Come and Get it Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty! Come join us on ABC DT Challenge this week for a chance to win free product.

    http://abcdtchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful. Great mini tutorial on the silhouette also.
    Thanks for playing with GingerLoft Challenges!
    :) Gale

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous colors. Thanks for stopping by and playing with us over at Sentimental Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful card!! Thank you for joining Stamp with Fun this week.
    hugs tina46

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow your card looks really fantastic.Thanks for joining us at SFC.
    Many greetings
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so pretty - and your flower is gorgeous! I've not tried to make one myself but you've made me want to give it a go!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow this is a stunner Cath! I love to see cards made using the Silhouette/Craft Robo.
    Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La this time.
    Lizy DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips