/*Drop Down Menu*/

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Friends and Flowers

My hands are all inky!  Guess what I've been doing?  That's right I've been playing with ink.  I was making flowers for this card.


This card got it's start from a card sketch by my friend LuAnn.  She is hosting this months card sketch challenge at The DigiChick.  You can read about that here.  This is her sketch.


Isn't that gorgeous! This sketch lends itself to so many possibilities.  I used a digital kit by Sugarplum Paperie and Lauren Grier called  A Perfectly Ordinary Day to create my card and flowers.

The doily came from a pack that I picked up at the $1 store.  I spritzed it with some Glimmer Mist to bring some color to it.


The flowers were made using one of the digital papers. I used the large medium and small Retro Flower punch by EK Success.  The petals are inked up with Midnight Blue. I them played around with scrunching the petals and layering the flowers.

The gems were clear. I colored them with a Copic Marker to make them coordinate.


The sentiment is from a new release by Krisi's Kreations called Write It: Spring Sentiments. I recolored some of the words to provide some emphasis. The trim is actually from my scraps!


I hope you are having a creative week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips