/*Drop Down Menu*/

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Engagement News!


I have some really wonderful news!!  My sister recently got engaged!!!  I am so happy for her and her fiance!! They make the most awesome couple!  To celebrate just how happy I am about this, I made this card for them.  I had to wait to share it here until I was sure that they received it! Then I realized that over at Ideas For Scrapbookers, we were having a "wedding" theme this week for the Designer Showcase, so I held off sharing this until now!


I printed the sentiment on Red River textured white cardstock (Canvas).   I cut the silhouette out of some black American Crafts cardstock.  I used my Silhouette Cameo to do the cutting!  Then I layered the card together, added "bling" for the ring and popped the image with foam adhesive.

My sister's fiance has 3 children. So the good news just keeps getting better.... cause that means, I'm going to be an Aunt!!!  Love those kids already, this just makes it official!

Update: I've gotten some questions about the image on the card. The image on the card was cut on my Silhouette Cameo using shape "proposal_silhouette_C00976_20508" by Sarah Bailey. You can find the shape in the Silhouette store.



4 comments:

  1. Hey Cathy - really neat card. Your creations put one big smile on my face!!!!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute! I love it with the bling in their hands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaawwww...you blogged about me! :-)
    Of course I almost fell off my chair when I got this card in the mail. It's GORGEOUS!! (Just like all of the work you do!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning, as always, Cathy!
    I'm curious what file you used for the couple... is it from the Silhouette store?

    TIA, Krista

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips