/*Drop Down Menu*/

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Feel Better


This card was made for our niece's husband.  He was injured in a car accident. He is a police officer and was on duty when the accident happened. He was hit by a car being driven the wrong way on the highway.  From the mangled mess of his car that was left, we are very lucky that he is still alive.  He has been in the hospital for the past 2 weeks and is finally getting to come home tomorrow!!  With my being laid up from surgery, I've not been able to visit him. But I've been sending prayers and strength his way.  While he still has a ways yet to go, I hear he is already making a marvelous recovery.

With the help of my oldest son, I was able to get a few supplies together and get myself near my computer. I designed this card in the Silhouette software and print and cut it on my Cameo.  I used the digital kit "Vanilla Noir" by Quirky Twerp. The sentiment is by Arty Pants Digital Stamps, it's part of the Card Sentiments 2 set.

With the right amount of luck, this card was mailed in time so that it will arrive for his big homecoming!





Shared at:
Aud Sentiments
Charisma Cardz
DL.Art
Divas by Design
Just Keep on Creating
Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge
Scrapbook Sisters

13 comments:

  1. Your card is so elegant I love the colors.
    Thanks for joining my DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything in simplicity. Elegant card. Congratulations !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! I see so many stories on the news of these freak accidents with the highway patrol men. My heart & prayers go out to your NIL and you! I know getting a little crafting on also helped you to feel better what a sweet son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything goes" challenge & good luck in the draw…

    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Cathy sorry to hear such bad news. Wishing you both a speedy recovery.
    Your card is gorgeous, it should certainly bring a smile to his face. It has mine, thank you.

    Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments for this fortnight's challenge of any sentiment. Hugs & best wishes TC x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this card! It is simply stunning! Thanks for joining us at Divas. Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  7. what an elegant card - love that flourish

    Thanks for joining us at Diva's this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one classy card Cathy! Thanks for joining us in the challenge at Scrapbook Sisters, Julie B.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this - so elegant. Thanks so much for playing along with this week's challenge at Charisma.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful, and so elegant.
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just stunning, love the diecut! I'm sure your niece's husband really appreciated receiving this card - hopefully he is doing better by now! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us for our Aud Sentiment's "Any Sentiment" challenge! Dee

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful elegant card. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. this card would make anyone feel better. So simple and beautiful and I love the colour scheme as well.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along. Sorry about the the delay in leaving my comment I have been overseas and then got sick, I will be announcing the winners and will have the next challenge by 01/09 :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips