/*Drop Down Menu*/

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Cards


I got some Mother's Day Cards made up before going in for my surgery. They were really quite easy to create. I used a really neat digital craft kit by Paper Garden Projects called Water Color Blossoms Digital Craft Kit. What is really special about this craft kit, is that it includes cutting files for the elements in the kit.

This made it super easy to design my cards right in my Silhouette Designer Edition software (you can do it in the non-designer edition too!).  I simply set up the card size that I wanted then dragged the paper on to the card.  I selected the elements from the cutting files in the kits and brought them into the Silhouette software too. I re-sized them to fit on my card then print and cut everything on some Red River paper.




Here is another card that I created using the same method.  I added some May Arts Ribbon on each. Aren't they beautiful? Made one for my mom and one fro my mother-in-law. Two very important moms in our lives!!  Hoping they both had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Scrapbookers, Cardmakers and Hybrid artists: If you get a chance to check out Paper Garden Projects kits, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Her kits include the little "helpers" for making your projects special such as templates and cutting files. You're gonna love them!

My cards are samples in the current Card Caravan Challenge at The Hybrid Chick. Hope you get a chance to play along with us!





Shared at:
Corrosive ChallengeCreative Inspiration PaintOpus GlueiPlatypus Creek DigitalsScrappers Delights , Paper Craft ChallengeCupcake InspirationsCR84FN Color ChallengeSketchy Colors

12 comments:

  1. Both cards are very pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrapper's Delights this week! HUGS

    Kim
    SD DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely cards, thanks for sharing with us at Corrosive Challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful colors and details...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing! LOVE the bright and bold colors--but the overall vintage look of them! Gorgeous creations!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both your cards are gorgeous, love the bright, cheery colours. Lovely having you participate in the Creative Inspirations Paint Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both creations are just stunning, gorgeous colours!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Platypus Creek, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards....I just bought myself a Silhouette Cameo and hope to be able to create like this. Thank you for sharing.

    Carolyn PCD DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! Love those flowers!
    Thank you for joining us over at Scrapper´s Delights and good luck in the draw! Hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!!!! love thos flowers!!
    Thanks for participating at Platypus Creek Digitals - Challenge # 6- Flowers.
    Ruthie ~DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is exquisite, such beautiful colors and a lovely composition. I really like how elegant and classic it is, really pretty.

    Thank you for participating with us at Opus Gluei, it is wonderful to see what our themes inspire. Hope you come back for more challenges with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty cards, lovely colours. Thanks for joining us at Platypus Creek Digitals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2 Beautiful Cards, and a stunning color combo, I particularly love the background of the first card. Thanks so much for joining us at Platypus Creek Digitals.
    Danie - PCD DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips