/*Drop Down Menu*/

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mother's Day

I know Mother's Day was last weekend. But I'm finally able to sit at the computer and get a chance to share this with you.


It's not a fabulous photo. I don't look as nice as I would like to. I have my glasses on and no make-up. But I'm really glad that I got this photo taken on Mother's Day. I was just a few days post-surgery. My folks were able to stop by for a visit.  I wanted to make sure that I got a photo of my mom and I together. Wouldn't you know, she was ready to leave when I suddenly remembered to capture the photo?!

You don't always have to have perfect photos to scrap with. Sometimes when you peruse the craft magazines, the photos on those scrap pages all seem so wonderful, like portraits by professional photographers, it makes you feel like your photos aren't worthy. I know. I've been in that rut before too.  I need to remind myself that it's the memories that are capture that mean so much to me. It doesn't matter if our outfits match, or if our hair was perfectly combed, or if we were all arranged in a decorative way.  What matters is that we have the photo to look back at!

I'm really glad we took those extra moments to snap this picture. So go ahead, give yourself permission to scrap your not quite perfect, but absolutely precious photos!






Ingredients:
For Her by WM Squared Designs and CrossBone Cuts Designs


Shared at:
Lasting Memories Layout Challenge
One Stitch at a Time
Paper Sundaes
Inspire Me Fridays

11 comments:

  1. Cathy... I love your attitude about scrapping the not so perfect photos. I need to remember that more often. GORGEOUS layout. Love the colors so much!! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so true... some of the pics i have from when my mom was alive are horrible but they mean so much to me now - i wish i had more... so always get those pics! love your layout the banners and flowers are fab!
    thanks for sharing at lasting memories Kimberly DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy, I see nothing wrong with the photo! Love the way you surrounded it with these beautiful elements and colors! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous Scrap Book layout. The colors are wonderful. Thanks for joining us at OSAAt.
    Hugz,
    Christine Dt at OSAAT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's a beautiful photo and you both look happy. You've made a lovely page, the layout is great. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this layout and I think it is a great picture. You will look back on this someday and be thankful for having this picture. Thank you for joining us over at Lasting Memories

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy I so agree with you about how perfect photos look in scrap magazines. I always have to remind myself too that even thought I might not like my pictures my family wants them in their scrapbooks. Love all the papers and cuts and designs you used. It is a lovely pic and a gorgeous layout. Thanks for joining us at LM this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love your attitude about photo's. You're so right. We don't always have the perfect photo's, but in the end, we have something to look back on and that's what's important. I love your LO this week, it's a beautiful photo by the way. Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you scrapped this photo, because your right it doesn't have to be perfect to capture the story/ memory and theat's what matters

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cathy that was very well said!!! You know what? Life aint always pretty! Things aren't always sunshine and roses and stuff happens.....I am so glad that I don;t wait for a "perfect" moment to scrap... I have five boys, think they are always cooperative?? Nooooooo!! And I am so happy you didnt wait for a "perfect" photo to scrap either......it's a shame to miss out on memories simply because the photo isn't picture perfect. Who cares!!! And I for one think this is an absolutely stunning layout! I adore it!!!! Keep on scrappin!!! You'll be glad you did one day!!!

    Oh...thanks for joining us at Lasting memories this week....lol

    Tina (LMDT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful layout! Thank you for joining us at OSAAT for our Anything Goes challenge! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips