/*Drop Down Menu*/

Friday, May 25, 2012

Victorian Birthday Card


This is a card I made for a very special friends birthday.  This was fun to create!  I used some vintage lace scraps that I found in a sewing box that my mother had giving me. (Thanks Mom!)

Lots of sweet tiny paper roses in purple, lavender and blush shades.  I used some embossing folders to add texture and design to the papers.

The bow started out as an off-white seam binding strip.  I placed it in a zip lock bag and squirted in a few spritz of Tattered Angles Glitter Mist lavender and then scrunched up the seam binding and rolled it about in the bag. Once it was saturated with the ink, I scrunched it up a bit more to make it extra wrinkly!

I topped off the ribbon with a crystal piece from Websters Pages.





Shared at:
Inspire Me Fridays
Aud Sentiment
Delightful Challenges
DL.ART 

10 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty and delicate I love all those pretty flowers and the embossing and layering. I would be so thrilled to get a card like this for my birthday. Words can not describe how beautiful I think this is.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors and embossing. Perfect for this card. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches, and hope to see you back.
    Hugz,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really gorgeous card. The use of purple is really nice.

    - Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are always such an inspiration to me! This one is no exception. It's BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous Cathy!!
    love this color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card you have made for this challenge. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips