/*Drop Down Menu*/

Friday, June 15, 2012

Disney Shadow Box


There are a few shadow boxes in our house. Mainly I've made them from old, antique wooden boxes.  But this one is made of..... paper. Yep the whole thing is paper.  It's amazingly sturdy!

My husband has been anxious to take another Disney trip.  It's been 2 years since our last trip to Disney. I think we'll have to plan another WDW trip soon.  But for now, I'm hopefully that this Father's Day gift will keep him Disney satisfied!  I tucked in a few photos from different trips we have taken.

The digital kit that I used for the papers and elements is a brand new release by WM Squared Designs called Feel the Magic.  It is available at Scrap Orchard. And since it is a new release, it's on sale this weekend!

Check out Wendy's (WM Squared) blog too. She is celebrating her birthday with lots of freebies, games and prizes!!

Here are a few close ups of the box.



There is a beautiful May Arts Ribbon attached so that he can hang this, or have it stand on a shelf.

The box itself was made from a set of Silhouette shapes by Lori Whitlock. I cut them on my Cameo using Red River 12x12 White Linen textured cardstock. It's a super weight that is perfect for electronic cutter and takes the ink from my inkjet printer so nicely!

Well, now I'm wanting to go on a Disney trip!

Other Ingredients:
Ink: Momento, Colorbox, Copic
Glitter: Ranger Stickles, GlobeCraft
Adhesive: Xyron, Beacon Arts, GlueArts
Brads: Queen and Co.
Buttons: EK Success
Twine: DMC

Shared at:



12 comments:

  1. Saw this on silhouette facebook page. Looks awesome! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely project, Cathy, lovely memory piece! Thanks for joining us this week for the Papercraft Star, "Father's Day" challenge, hope you have a lovely Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome Gift idea!! It even makes *ME* want to head to WDW!!! Great job! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great a lovely fathers day gift - I can't think of a better place in the world than WDW! - I'm definitely no1 fan!- thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic gift idea! Love it! Many thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week and hope to see you again next week! judit x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us this week at TPS…..and good luck….

    Hugs Judith

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a priceless, Father's Day gift, and your details are fantastic! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant project, I've never made one myself but after seeing your shadow box I really want to have a go! Thanks for sharing with the Scrapbook Sisters this time, Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fun project!!! I love how you took your 'scrap page' and made it into a shadobox masterpiece!

    Thank you for playing along in Freshly Brewed Challenges 100th prize challenge
    Heather D.
    www.freshbreweddesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful way to celebrate a memory!! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous disney project!! there's some news for you over on the S J Crafts blog for one of our recent monthly challenges! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips