/*Drop Down Menu*/

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hybrid Digital/Cardstock Paper Piecing


I had so much fun making this scrapbook page. It's always nice to have a photo that gives you so much inspiration, you can "see" the page in your mind. I quickly sketched it out on paper hoping I could create it as closely to what I envisioned. It came out pretty good!

I used the digital ki8t Aloha Spirit by Stelljane Designs to paper piece the flip flops.  I've been turning to this kit over and over again as I start to work on scrapping our Hawaii trip. It's a great kit for any tropical or beach themed projects.

The rest of the elements are paper pieced from cardstock. I cut all the elements on my Silhouette Cameo.  I even laid out the page in the Silhouette Design Edition software to make sure everything was sized correctly.

The clothesline is a bit of jute twine and the "clothespins" are just small strips of cardstock.

This was created as a sample for the 8/19/2012 Card Caravan at the Hybrid Chick. Check it out!

I've also got a full supply list posted on the Scrap n' Art blog.





Shared at:
Bearly Mine
Deep Ocean
Digital Tuesday
Everybody Art Challenge
Lady Bug Crafts Ink TLT
Oldie But Goodie (cardstock, glitter, twine)
Bunny Zoe's Crafts
Lollipop Crafts
Make it Monday
My Craft Spot
Ooh La La Creations
Simon Says Stamp and Show
The Crazy Challenge
The Pink Elephant
Truly Madly Crafty
Unstampabelles
Use Your Stuff


22 comments:

  1. Fabulous summer layout. Love all your embellishments and how you used them to make the waves! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comment. I saw you on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome layout! I LOVE all the flip flop and fish! Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy...what a cute layout! It's perfect for a beach picture of Hawaii. Love the hibiscus flower and the flourishe. And of course, the flip flops strung across the page are adorable! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Thanks for playing at Digital Tuesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great LO. I really like the flip-flops and the waves. Thanks for playing at UnstampaBelles, great to see another scrapbooking page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful layout...those flip flops are terrific and I love the way you added the waves. Great hibiscus too, perfect for our paper flower challenge. Thanks for joining us at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. super liked,loved the flipflops and great that you made it with all the little details like clothepins.loved them. by just seeing them we can know the layout.saw your entry on MIM,good luck.

    thanks
    kavitha
    www.snapkavi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. great layout! can almost feel the heat of the sun!!lol, it's freezing here. Thanks for joining our Flower Challenge at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love when a plan comes together..LOL..WOW, you pictured a fantastic LO. I love all the elements surrounding the photo and that little turtle...SOOO cute!

    Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
    Happy Crafting...
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cathy, what an awesome page you have created here! I love it! I saw it on MIM. My entry is #110.
    Hugs, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cathy, what an awesome page you have created here! I love it! I saw it on MIM. My entry is #110.
    Hugs, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that hibiscus! Great layout in total. Thanks for joining in the fun at Unstampabelles for our Flowers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous page Cathy! I love the flip flop banner and the way you've laid out the waves and sea life. The boys are pretty nice too lol. Thanks for joining in our Summer Fun Challenge at LCI this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute layout!! Love all the fun detail!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!
    My entries are: #165, #189, #217, #227 and #228.
    I would love to have you visit my blog!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great layout! Thanks for joining in our Paper Flower challenge at UnstampaBelles.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome! I really like how created lots of depth by layering and popping things up. I really love the waves/fish below your photo. Thanks for sharing your layout with us this week on the Use Your Stuff blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhh, this is super! The layout is fantastic and I love the line of flip flops! The sweet little scene under the photo is fabulous too!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great layout such a cute idea to string up the flip flops...
    Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely layout with great details. Thanks for joining The Crazy Challenge.
    Hugs Berit

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing - I can;t say how much I love this.

    Lisa - Scrappy Distractions
    ScrappyDistractions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super LO! I love all the details (especially the little turtle ;) )
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Ooh La La. Hugs from Lisbeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips