/*Drop Down Menu*/

Friday, September 28, 2012

Altered Photo Frame with Cardstock and Vinyl


Our extended family grew recently. My husband and I became Great Uncle and Aunt!!  Our niece Nicole and her husband Matt welcomed their son Logan into this world, and we are all so thrilled!!  You might remember the diaper cake I made earlier this summer?  That was for Nicole's shower.


I wanted to make a little something special for Logan's room. I decided to make a birth announcement frame. I used the Silhouette Studio Software to design the layout.  I cut an opening and the details of the birth announcement into American Craft cardstock. I also cut his middle name into the cardstock. I adhered the cardstock to a mat for the frame.



I cut his first name and the "baby word clothesline" shapes (available in the Silhouette Online Store) from white vinyl. Using transfer tape, I applied the vinyl to the glass of the frame.


Makes a beautiful, personalized picture frame!






Shared at:
Fab 'n' Funky
Paper Shelter
Simon Says Stamp
Stampin Royalty
Whimsy Stamps
Crazy Amigo
Creative Craft Challenges
Through the Craft Room Door
Art with no Boundaries
Card Mania
Lexi's Creations
Lillipop Crafts
Love to Create
Make it Monday
Shabby Tea Room
The Paper Girls
Take a Word Challenge
Inspire Me Fridays




17 comments:

  1. Super frame. Thanks for joining our challenge at Fab'n'Funky this week. Good luck in the draw.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, cute, adorable!! This is wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! this is such a great gift idea and I am sure your niece appreciated it:-)
    http://teachdanz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome baby gift! Love the design and the rich blue you used. This is such a wonderful keepsake frame. Thanks for joining us at Art With No Boundaries. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh! This is so sweet! I love the cut out letters with the blue behind them! Thanks so much for sharing at TSTR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Did you use the Silhouette to cut the words into the card stock?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi G! Thanks so much for your kind words. Yes I did use the Silhouette to cut the words and birth announcement on the cardstock as well as to cut the vinyl. Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you again!

      Delete
  7. Great frame!
    Thanks for joining us at this week’s The Paper Shelter Challenge. DT Member Shannon/Shannon83k

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Frame! Thanks for using my cutting file.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alaa!! I love that sweet shape. I've used that more than a few times!!

      Delete
  9. This is awesome! Great idea! Thanks for playing at the Paper Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cathy, This is such a great idea and love the fact that you have added the weight and time etc, it makes is so much more personal. Yet remember the cake. Thank you for joining us on Art With No Boundaries.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful gift! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter (TPS) Challenge! DT-Shirin Lim

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous frame !! I love the whole design of this, so very cute :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and Congratulations !! You won the $50 voucher !! Woo Hoo !! :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have so many babies on the way, this is just a pefect addition to add to one my baskets, this just GORGEOUS.... Love the idea, i just might have to borrow it for my next niece or nephew.

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. With being at an age where my friends are starting to get married and have babies, this is such a great idea! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips