/*Drop Down Menu*/

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Ready for Football!


We love football in our house. My youngest son plays football. I'm the photographer for the team.  And while those are the best games, ever!.... We do enjoy the NFL too.

The best part is that we are not a united front on who our favorite teams are.  My favorite team is, and always has been, the Broncos.  But I live with a few Steelers fans. One, is a die-hard, staunch, bleeds black-and-gold Steelers fan!

As you can imagine, tonight's Sunday Night Football game between the Denver Broncos and the Pittsburgh Steelers, is the ultimate competition in our house!  We are having a bit of a party.  It feels like Superbowl Sunday!


To get in the spirit, I made up some new table decor. I went with the Steelers colors since my son's (the big Steelers fan) birthday is coming up and I'll be setting these out for the party then too.


I love the way this utensil holder turned out. The lacing on the football is May Arts Ribbon.



The football is actually a box. I'll be filling it with some yummies for dessert!



Of course, I couldn't let the entire table be black and gold.  We'll be eating off some Broncos colored plates!

The cutting files for the utensil holder, and box are from svg.cuts.  The 3D football is a hybrid creations that I made a few years ago using a file from the Silhouette store and the digital kit Grid Iron Grit by Quirky Twerp.

Enjoy the game!  GO BRONCOS!







Shared at:
Amusing Challenges
Anything but a Card
Challenges 4 Everybody
The Squirrel and the Fox
2 Sisters
A Gem of a Challenge
One Stop Craft
Art with no Boundaries
Inspire Me Fridays
Make it Monday










17 comments:

  1. That is fab i love it. thanks for joining us at challenges 4 everybody. Good luck hugs trisha x DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    just ran across your blog and saw the Steelers colors. I am originally from the 'burgh altho i live in Europe now. You brought tears to my eyes.
    Great projects. you are very clever, even if you are a Broncos fan!
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jan. Steelers are my 2nd fav team!! So no matter who wins tonight, I'll still be happy!!

      Delete
  3. My son would go crazy for these projects. I finally am figuring out the game, well, a bit! Thank you for joining my Amusing Challenges this week - I'm so happy that you shared your creative work! It's so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun and creative. What a great way to set the mood for the big game. Love the use of the ribbon as the lacing...clever. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Art With No Boundaries. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever idea!! I think lots of families would love to have a set like this on match days!
    Thanks so much for joining us at ABAC's first challenge and we do hope you'll join us again soon.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice way to celebrate football season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beyond inspiring!! :) :) So clever :) Thanks for joining us at ABAC :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous creations...
    Thanks for playing with us @ 2 Sisters this week.
    Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect table setting . Well done .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool football party setting! Wonderful football creations. So glad you linked up at Art With No Boundaries!

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cool! Love how you used the ribbon for stitching on the fork holder!
    Thanks for joining us at Anything But A Card challenge!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your Super-colassal-fantastic game day decor with everyone at ABAC! This is so awesome! I love all things dimensional and your two footballs are a TOUCHDOWN!!! PINNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!
    My entries are: #23, #109, and #213.
    I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cathy, Such a great and fun football theme you have created with all the different pieces. Thank you for sharing this on Art With No Boundaries.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips