/*Drop Down Menu*/

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Vroom...Vroom... Birthday Card


Making cards for guys can by challenging.  Most of the embellishments in the crafts stores are pretty feminine. There are lots of flowers and gems.  When my kids were younger, I could easily use some cartoony type images, super heroes and the like. But as they are getting older, it's another challenge!

I made this card for my oldest son's birthday.  I stuck with primary colors and a theme that never guys never seem to outgrow - cars!


I designed the card in Silhouette Studio software and cut the shapes using my Cameo.  I first printed the word "birthday" on the cardstock before doing the cutting.

My son loved the card! Especially since he'd recently purchased his first (used) car.





Shared at:
Whimsy Stamps Challenge
Bearly Mine Challenge
Creative Craft
Jackson's Digital Expressions
Paper Minutes
Sweet Stamps
Through the Craft Room Door
Make it Monday
Inspire Me Fridays
Mojo Monday
The Squirrel and the Fox

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous masculine card! Love it...simply perfect! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM this week! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize! Good luck,
    Rene ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. GReat Card Cathy..thanks for joining us at TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! Hope you get the prize!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAS perfection! This design is so clean and the color choices could not have been better. Thanks so much for playing along in the CAS challenge at Jackson's Digital Expressions.
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is a happy card. Love the CAS which I am no good at. Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Craft challenges. NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous male card i love the image. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Cathy! Thank you for joining us at Whimsy Stamps for our Anything Goes challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful masculine card. Thanks for showing it at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great CAS card, the red,black and pop of yellow
    make this card so nice. Thanks for joining us at Jackson's Digital Expressions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous, you rocks at cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saw you on MIM and I love this card. It is a great masculine card. LOVE it. clean and simple. Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!
    My entries are: #23, #109, and #213.
    I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a creative card. So nice design. I appreciate this adorable creation. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for showing your powerful card for paperminutes. I love the fire!
    Hugs
    mamapia

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a wonderful masculine card. Don't you think of using Gift Card envelopes for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips