/*Drop Down Menu*/

Monday, October 1, 2012

Card Caravan and More

Hey there! Can you believe that September is gone?  Where has this year been flying off to?  I can not believe that today starts October!!  Yesterday, the last day of September, started a new 2 week Card Caravan challenge at The Hybrid Chick.   Did you know that September means 7th month? But it's the 9th month!!  Back when it was named, September was the 7th month of the Roman Calendar.

This is my inspiration to the new Card Caravan Challenge at The Hybrid Chick. For this challenge we are asking you to use 7 items in your project. It can be more, but there has to be 7 identifiable items. Sounds hard, doesn't it? It was actually easier than I thought! In fact, I had to remove somethings from my card to get it down to 7 items!!


Halloween Party Kit by Quirky Twerp was perfect for creating a wonderful Halloween themed card. The kit is adorable with lots of cute stuff for making scrapbook pages, invitations, party favors, decoration and more!  Wondering what my 7 items are?
  • 2 patterned papers
  • 1 bracket trim
  • 2 patterned papers for oval frame
  • 1 vintage image on frame
  • 1 Sentiment tag
Now you can see how easy it is to have 7 items on a card or project. So how about joining in on the challenge?

Yes, this card is hybrid.  I designed it in Silhouette Studio and simply dragged in the digital papers and elements. I used the print-and-cut feature (love it!) of the Silhouette to print and cut all the components of the card.

Some extra exciting news today, I am a winner at The Catered Crop, They are having a Halloween themed swap and you'll see my project featured next Sunday!! Come on and stop by!





Shared at:
Catch the BugHiding in my Craft RoomJust some LinesSugar Creek Hollow (there's a tiny bat on my sentiment tag), ATC/Cards with attitudeSplendiferous CreationsBroken Box StockDelicious DoodlesEmergency CraftersFat Pages/Cards with AttitudeInspire Me FridaysSimply Create TooAmusing ChallengesChallenges 4 EverybodyCreative InpsirationsCupcake Inspirations, Make It Monday, Spark Your Creavitiy Now! (Pin & Tack)


31 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Everything works so well together. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable Halloween card Cathy I love the super cute image!
    Thanks for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody!
    Hugs xx Cara xx DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. vintage is so beautiful and this is lovely...thanks for sharing at cupcake isnpirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the papers you put together and that darling vintage image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. I spotted your Beautiful card on MIM...Faye

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely card...gorgeous image and colours...Thank you for sharing it with us this week at Make it Monday..
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, this is so cute!!! Love it! Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Good luck!
    Rene ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful colors and she is just adorable. I especially like the lesson on the word September! I never knew that. Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Catch the Bug!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So, so cute! I love Vintage Halloween images!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute and colorful Halloween card. I love the little witch trick or treater.
    Thank you for playing with...Hiding in My Craft Room.
    Robin L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a fabulous vintage image. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow with your tiny little bat :)
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the sweet vintage image, and the great dp you chose for her. Very cute! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Creative Inspirations Paint Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing your delightful Halloween card with us for our "anything goes"challenge at Pin and tack.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  14. CUTE - I really like those papers!

    Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!!

    ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a little cutie! Great job! Thanks so much for joining us for our Fall Foliage challenge at Broken Box Stock.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card, love the strip of black on this and that sentiment is awesome. Thanks for joining us at Blogger's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute Halloween card, love the vintage image! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fab! I love the image :)
    Thank you for joining us at Pin and Tack Spark Your Creativity Now Challenge.
    Hatty :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is absolutely gorgeous. Love the design with the patterned papers and the fun image. Thanks for playing at Just Some Lines and good luck. Hope to see you back saturday for another challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous project! Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Harvest/Fall Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! We hope you join us again tomorrow for our Anything Goes challenge.
    Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cathy: You made such a great fall card--love youe image. We're so glad you entered it in Simply Create Too's Challenge #23 - Autumn/Fall.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

    My entries are: #10, #11, #86, # 120, # 122, #198, #212, #226, #261 and #268.

    I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…

    Hugs,

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a fun image! I really like your card. Thanks for playing along with my Amusing Challenges and I hope you'll check out the winners - and get your free Fight Like a Girl stamp set for Breast Cancer Awareness month!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So cute! I love that little witch! Thanks so much for joining us for the Cameo Creations Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your main image, it is so adorable! The whole card is so pretty.

    Thank you for joining the Cameo Creations Challenge.

    Ceci V.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so cute! I love the digital papers that you used! Just perfect! Thanks for joining us over at www.cameocreationschallenge.blogspot.com

    Toodles
    Monica DT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats on Top 3 for Creative inspirations Paints - love it!!

    Hugs
    DT Monica

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the way you wrote this article. This is wonderful. I do hope you intend to write more of these types of articles. Thank you for this interesting content!Static Caravans for Sale

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Cath,
    Such a cute card! Love the colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Emergency Crafters. x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stunning card. So lovely design. I like the colors you have used and that image is so cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is adorable, cute and sweet with a nice vintage flair.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips