/*Drop Down Menu*/

Monday, November 26, 2012

Frosty Tree


Brrrrrr, doesn't this photo just make you feel the cold crisp air of winter?  This is the photo inspiration for the current Card Caravan Challenge and the Hybrid Chick.  These are so many possibilities to work with from this photo, the colors, the reflection, the wintery scene, trees, water, you name it!


The trees and the snow inspired me to create this card.  I used the digital kit Christmas Magic by Etc. by Danyale. I love the color palette in this kit. The dark paper (center of card) is sprayed with Glimmer Mist (Marshmallow) to give it some shine.  I then used a Tattered Angels Glimmer Screen from the Winter Trees set to create the tree image. I coated it in white ink and pressed it on the paper like a stamp.  

The snowy boughs were created using Flower Soft Polar White. I added a touch of fine white glitter on top of it to give it some extra sparkle.  The sentiment is a digital stamp from the Christmas Sentiments set by Arty Pants Digital Stamps. These are great to use with print and cut projects in your electronic cutter. Which is how I created the label. It is an element in the Christmas Magic kit. I brought that and the sentiment into my Silhouette Software, lined them up, sized them, traced and print and cut.  I popped it up with some double sided foam adhesive.

Shared at:


16 comments:

  1. Very pretty card! I love the simplicity and sparkle. I found you at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - you have really brought those winter trees to life. Thanks so much for joining us at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo..this is so gorgeous! LOVE the beautiful colors you've chosen to use! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy,

    I love this card. You really captured the "peace" so beautifully. I think I will buy that sentiment too. So pretty. Just a lovely, sweet card.

    Thank you so very much for joining us for the Winter Bliss Challenge at Stamptacular Sunday!
    :) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi cathy .Lovely Christmas card .That tree is uniqueand beautiful . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your tree looks stunning. Thanks so much for joining us at ATSC with this awesome card. Good luck. Hugs, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome work, I love the way you did the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lovely Christmas card. That is a perfect sentiment for a very serene and peaceful scene. Love the addition of the peach border, it really makes it pop. Thanks so much for sharing at The Corrosive Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab card, love the snow effect
    thanks for playing at stamptacular sunday this week
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cathy - I love your card. Beautiful colours and you've certainly captured the frost effect perfectly! Thanks for "Adding some Glitter" to your card and sharing it at The Crafty Pad this week!
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cathy,

    Your card is so pretty. The Glimmer Mist gives the impression of falling snow in the picture. Great idea1

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card and just perfect for our challenge this week at The Crafty Pad, thanks for playing along. :)

    Debbie The Crafty Pad Designs

    ReplyDelete
  13. My gosh that photo is gorgeous! Saw your card on MIM and thought I'd pop over to say hi. I really like the design of your card. Thanks for sharing.

    Lisa D.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely Christmas Card. Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so gorgeous! I can almost feel the winter chill!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Christmas creation! Thank you for joining us at Dream Valley :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips