/*Drop Down Menu*/

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Holiday Trees


If you've been reading my posts lately, you know that I've made quite a few different designs of holiday cards this year.  I wanted to make a card that had a humble Christmas tree on the front.  Even with that idea in mind, I still made 3 different designs!!


This first one, I used a pine branch punch to create the greenery for the tree.  The embossing was done using  a folder with my Cuttlebug.


The stars were clear (I couldn't find gold ones) that I recolored using a Copic Marker.  The Ribbon is from May Arts.


This one was made using snowflake shapes that I cut on my Cameo. I cut them in different colors of green cardstock and layered them.


The ornaments are red rhinestones.


The card has some nice texture to it and a bit of dimension.


And this one was made using a Martha Stewart snowflake punch to create the greenery.  I really like how each of them turned out!






Challenges 4 Everybody
Dream Valley
Eclectic Ellapu
Great Impressions
Joanna Sheen
Opus Gluei
Quirky Crafts
The Squirrel and The Fox
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas
Art with No Boundaries
Anything Goes
Emerald Faeries 
Celebrate the Occasion
LadyBug Crafts
Through the Craft Room Door
Crafty Boots


17 comments:

  1. Three different designs and they are all gorgeous. What a clever use of snowflakes. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are stunning, I need to case your design it's so clever and so effective :). Thank you for playing along at Eclectic Ellapu.

    Andri - EE, dt (purples).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing project. Thanks so much for sharing with us Eclectics for our anything goes challenge. Have a wonderful Christmas
    Hugz Elaine aka Ellapu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant and classy - wonderful cards - thanks for sharing for my CHNC challenge 103 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! Your cards are very cool. Thanks for joining us this week at Celebrate The Occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoW! I love that idea...it is so effective. I really must try something like that when I finally get my pine branch punch! Thank you so much for joining in with our last minute Christmas challenge at Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog. Have a very Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, more gorgeous cards and such clever designs. I love them.

    Thank you for joining in the fun with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.


    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  8. They all turned out wonderful. I had to pin it to share with others.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous and so elegant, the image is simply magnificent. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Eclectic. We look forward to seeing you again. Happy Holidays
    Hugs
    Berni,DT
    eclecticellapu.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my-- these are gorgeous. I can;t stop looking at them. Thanks for sharing with us at CTO.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great creation hun! Hope you have a great New Year! Thanks for playing along at Joanna Sheen! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fab trees! I love the idea of these- might have to give them a go! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are gorgeous! Love the 3 different designs and the embossed framed. So glad you were able to join us in the Great Impressions Stamps December challenge! Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonderful projects - thanks for joining us for our anything goes challenge at LCI
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Cathy, I am waiting for you to contact me via the Quirky blog.

    Cazzy - on behalf of the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog DT.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are wonderful!!!! I might need to Case this idea!!! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips