/*Drop Down Menu*/

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Home For the Holidays

It's time for another Card Caravan over at The Hybrid Chick! The new theme is "Holiday".  You can submit cards, or holiday projects that you have paper crafted.  A new challenge is posted every other Sunday and you have until 11:59PM EST the Friday night before a new one is posted, to enter.  So that means, you have until Friday December 21 to enter this challenge!


Here is the card that I created to help inspire you. This is a hybrid card. I used the brand new release Retrospect Christmas Scrapbook Kit by Quirky Twerp available at The DigiChick.


I printed out the red and green papers and then cut the rectangles.  For the Santa paper and the shaped mat, I created the shapes in Silhouette Studio and then simply dragged the papers in to fill the shapes. Easy-peasy!  I then print and cut those with my Cameo. Some ink on the edges gives everything a little extra depth.


The tree was created by cutting several tree shapes with the green paper. I folded the trees in half and glued the halves back-to-back to create a 3D tree.  This card will be hand delivered, it won't be going through the mail!


I could only find clear acrylic stars at the craft store. So I simply colored one with a Copic Marker ( Y15 Cadmium Yellow).


The ribbon is lightly folded back and forth on itself to create the elegant effect. Some doubled up foam double-sided adhesive gives the center of it support.

I hope you stop by the Card Caravan and share your latest holiday project!





Shared at:
Craftymess
One Stop Craft Challenge
Speedy Fox & Friends
Stamp Your Life
ATC's with Attitude
Broken Box Stock
Card Crafters Circle
Lady Anne's
Jingle Belles
Six Sisters

11 comments:

  1. Great dimension and elements on this super Christmas card. Wonderfully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning creation.....you had me when I saw that gorgeous tree! Just a perfectly elegant card. I'm so glad you linked it up to Card Crafter's Circle...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! Great card. Love that ribbon. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i love your 3D tree :)
    so glad you joined us on SYL

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. Lovely colours and embellishments. Everything works so well together. Thanks for sharing your talent. Good luck with the challenge. Hugs Desíre {Lady Anne's Paper Crafts DT Member} {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the 3D tree but your detail is incredable...........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the 3D! Wonderful colors, layout & design. Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox & Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely 3D card!!! Gorgeous tree!!!! Love the pretty ribbon too! Thanks for joining Speedy Fox & Friends this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a great card.I love the ribbon and the tree!!Thanks for sharing it with us at ATCs with Attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning make x thanks for joining us at Crafty Mess xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the tree! Thanks for playing SYL!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips