/*Drop Down Menu*/

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Peace



Arty Pants Digital Stamps just released these gorgeous Dove stamps. When I saw them, I knew exactly what I wanted to create. A card that extends peace.

I used a digital kit called Mistletoe by Sweet Digi Scraps for the paper in the hybrid card.  The word "Peace" is from another Arty Pants Digital Stamp set called Christmas Sentiments Digital Stamps.


Often when we think of peace, we think of tranquility, softness.  But peace is strong. I wanted to show that on this card. I brought the "Peace on Earth" digital stamp into my Silhouette software.  I traced the word "peace" and cut it using some of the digital paper as the background.  I then ran the letters through my Xyron X upside down to coat the face of them with adhesive. I covered them with a copper embossing powder and applied heat to get the look of metal.

I also brought the dove digital stamp into the Silhouette software. I filled it with a paper from the Mistletoe kit.  I them traced it with an offset and print and cut it.  I added some Holly Stickles to the leaves for a bit of bling.

I added a bit of primitive stitching as a reminder that peace may be as old as time, but it is held together and kept alive by the links that our hearts make.  With each link to another heart, it grows stronger.

In the wake of the tragic events last week in Newtown, Connecticut, I keep searching and hoping for Peace.  I realized that Peace and Hope are both things that we possess in our hearts. The way to make them grow in this world is to share them.  So I am sharing my hope with all of you that we will find peace, and that together Hope and Peace will overcome evil.

Please pass along the peace that it is in your heart.

With Peace,




Shared at:
Sweet Stampin' Christmas
Crafting for All Seasons
Creative Belli
Divas by Design
Fab n' Funky
For Fun Challenges
Freshly Brewed
Inky Impressions
Paper Pretties
Paper Shelter
Pennys Paper Crafty
Simon Says Stamp 
Mojo Monday

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the dove and your embossed sentiment is beautiful! Merry Christmas and thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card.
    Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
    Hugs,
    Babette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. like how you did the gold glitter on the word.
    Thanks for playing with us at For Fun Challenge - a Christian Christmas. Hope to see you in 2 weeks when the new challenge is posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card! Love the gold embossing and dove! Thank you so much for joining us at For Fun Challenges! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful copper embossing on the individual letters.

    Visiting from Mojo Monday Challenge
    xo, Kristina
    Love for you to visit me too <3
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Gorgeous color choices. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card and thanks for joining us at Diva's
    Hugs
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning, such a beautifully designed card with a special message

    Thank you for taking part in the Fab 'n' Funky Challenge
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful - such an elegant card.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's and all the best for 2013.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!! Gorgeous!! Thanks for participating in our PENNY'S PAPER CRAFTY challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips