/*Drop Down Menu*/

Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Circus Birthday - Hybrid Style


Here's a project that I made recently to help celebrate a "Big Top" birthday!  I created a card and a gift box. And it's all done hybrid style!  By hybrid I mean that I combined the use of digital and traditional crafting supplies.  All of the colored and patterned designer papers and elements in this project are digital. Want to know what is great about digital?  You never run out!  You can reuse them again and again!!!  And that's just one thing that is great about digital!!  There are many things to love about digital crafting elements.


The card could be used to send wishes to the birthday person or as an invite to a birthday party. Or even as a thank you card to all the party attendees!!  You can change up the sentiment/wording to suit your needs.  Want to know another great thing about digital?  you can resize the elements or patterns to fit your project!  


The gift box could hold a special treasure for the birthday person. Or use it to hold some treats on the goody table at the party. Maybe even make several, fill them with special treats and use them as favors!  To create the flag on the "big top" I used a toothpick glued in place when I created the lid for the box.

The digital kit that I used for this project is Big Top by Kate Hadfield Designs. I also used some May Arts Ribbon, Red River Polar Matte 96lb heavy cardstock, inks, adhesives, scissors and my Silhouette Cameo.


Shared at:





7 comments:

  1. Well this intrigued me at it isn't an ATC but what a wonderful little card. Thanks for showing it to us at ATCs with Attitude. Enter it in our sister blog Fat Pages with Attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! This is so cute! Love the cheery idea of celebrating a birthday with the circus designs. :0)
    Thanks for joining us for our Birthday Blog Hop Challenge today! I hope you'll join in for the other daily challenges for more chances to win prizes!

    Cheryl First
    aka Cafexpressions
    DT Member for Bugaboo Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - what a fantastic idea!!! Beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at fun with shapes and more. I hope to see you soon for the next challenge!!! hugs, ANDREA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, love it. Thanks for joining in with us at CMM.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty and creative creations. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Lady Anne’s Paper Crafts DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a Great Project! I just love it thanks so much for joining our Birthday Theme and for helping us celebrate our 3rd birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable! Thanks for joining us for our birthday celebration at Catch the Bug Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips