/*Drop Down Menu*/

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Valentine Pocket Wall Hanging


This Valentine wall hanging was created using a digital stamp and digital scrapbook kits.  The stamp is a new release by Arty Pants Digital Stamps called Valentine Banner.  I love her digi stamps. She includes a .jpg, .png and a .psd layered file!  I used the layered file and clipped digital papers to it to color in the stamp prior to printing out!  Makes it so easy to color!!


The digital kits that I used are: Christmas Retrospect, Valentine Retrospect, and Sugar Blossom; all by Quirky Twerp.


To create the ribbon hanger, I wanted pink ribbon but didn't have any. So I took some white May Arts Ribbon, placed it in a plastic zip bag along with a few drops of ink. I sealed the bag and squished (that's a creative technical term!  LOL) the bag between my fingers being certain to roll it about and saturate the ribbon in the ink.


Allow it to dry, and I now had a beautiful shimmery pink ribbon!  You can see the light pink color contrasted against the white that is started out as in the photo above.


Here's a view of the pocket.  Now I can start filling it up with love notes and cards!!


Shared at:
Cards by Lady Anne
Crafting for All Seasons
Cards and Me
Decorate to Celebrate
Freshly Brewed
Paper Pretties
Stamp n Doodle
Ladybug Crafts
One Crazy Stamper
Pretty Little Ribbon
Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings
The Craft Garden
Whipperberry
Create Craft Love



12 comments:

  1. Cathy, wow what a great wall haning! So pretty!

    Thank you so much for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month - Good luck!

    Hugs;
    Shari G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning. Love your technical term. Sounds like something I would use aswell lol. I'm not sure what happened with the link. I've added your entry now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, your creation is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous project, I love the pocket in the heart. Thank you for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx
    Lady Anne's Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Valentines Wall hanging! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning project!!! Thanks for joining us at the Fresh Brewed Blog for our Anything Goes challenge.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Latest Hot Entertainment News, Latest update about Bollywood, hollywood, pakistani Girls
    hotentertainnews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous. I love the design and such beautiful detailing
    Thank you for taking part in the Ladybug Crafts Challenge this month
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. very pretty, thanks for joining us at Lady Anne's
    hugs, Valerie
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab project!
    Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
    Jani x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet project perfect for Valentine's Day!! I love those gorgeous ribbons!! :)

    Thanks so much for decorating your celebrations at the Decorate To Celebrate! Challenge Blog -- we'd love to see your decorations and party supplies for our NEW Challenge!! :)

    BIG HUGS,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    and Decorate To Celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just Beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips