/*Drop Down Menu*/

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Deepest Sympathy


A sympathy card is one that you don't want to have to make. Yet they are so important. Especially when someone dear to you is hurting and dealing with loss. Then you want that card to be extra special.


My dear friend and her children have suffered a shocking and unfathomable loss.  I struggled with how to make this card. My friend has such a vibrant and lively personality. At first I thought I wanted to make the card full of color. But I kept coming back to the classic look of black and white. I added a small splash of color by adding the translucent green sparkler button. To me, green is a sign of life.  While this is a time of sorrow, it is also a time to celebrate the life they shared.


The stamped image and sentiment are heat embossed.  Once I created the card, then came the really hard part..... writing the message in the card. It's so hard to express in words all that we feel and all the support that we offer. I hope that when this card reaches her, she and her family can find some comfort.





Products used: Spellbinders: Radiant Rectangles, Floral Ovals, Classic Ovals, Scalloped Ovals; Stamps: Inkadinkado (tree), My Sentiments Exactly; Cardstock: American Crafts; Ribbon: May Arts; Button: Websters

Shared at:
Crafty Bloggers Network
Artistic Inspirations
Kaboodle Doodles
Lexi's Creations
Make it Monday
Make My Monday
My Grafico
Paper Playtime
Pretty Little Ribbon
Challenges 4 Everybody
Dream Valley
Joanna Sheen
Hiding in My Craft Room

21 comments:

  1. Sympathy cards are definitely a fact of life. I agree with you that they should be special. This one certainly is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's perfect. I hope it brings some amount of comfort to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card. Definitely a special card, I think it show how much you care. Seen it on MIM, so glad I pooped by for a closer look Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very elegant card. I love the black and white. Thanks for sharing on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always difficult cards, but you've created a very elegant and fitting cardsome

    Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Pretty Little Ribbons Challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very pretty. Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very elegant sympathy card. Thank you for joining us at The crafty Bloggers Network Challenge.

    Sylvia xx
    CBN Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully tasteful - thanks for joining in at MMM this week - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very difficult card to do but you have created something that is truly elegant. Thanks for sharing with us at Dream Valley and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a hard card to create. I had to make 4 over this past weekend and they are never easy, but this one is just superb! GORGEOUS accents and image and wonderful sentiment! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cathy, your concern for your friend is touching. So sorry for her loss.
    Your sympathy card is truly beautiful and I love the touch of green and what it represents to you. Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a gorgeous card. They definitely are the hardest to make. Hugs. Saw this on MIM

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw your card on MIM and have come over for a closer look. It is beautiful and very elegant. Sympathy cads are always difficult to make but for close friends even more. You've done a fantastic job! Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card beautiful bow and design.
    Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations
    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a beautiful card! i love the robbon and the stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very elegant card, fitting for the occasion.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network this month.
    Claire x
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is a very hard time to make a card for, but I think it you have created a beautiful and elegant card.

    Thank you for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles this week x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very elegant card! Thanks for playing with us this week at HIMCR!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really gorgeous creation. Thanks for joining in with our MMM ribbon & buttons challenge.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an elegant design! Thanks for sharing with us at Lexi's Creations for our Monochrome challenge hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a beautiful way to express your thoughts. Love this tree.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips