/*Drop Down Menu*/

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Wanted: Lost Socks


In my house, we have this increasing set of socks that have lost their mates.  They have taken up real estate on my dresser. I wanted to find a more appropriate place for them to hang out while they wait for their match. So I created this missing sock board/sign to hang in my laundry room.


This started out as a plain unfinished wooden plaque.  I found some scrapbook paper that I really like. I'd say that it goes with my laundry room decor, but my laundry "room" isn't so much a room as it is the stairway landing to the basement! Not much "decor" going on there!  The paper is My Mind's Eye: Lost & Found Two - Sunshine: Memories "Sweet".  I also got some acrylic paint to match. I painted the board with 2 coats of the paint to be certain it was covered.

I then cut the paper to fit. I inked the paper edges with Ranger Distress Ink Vintage Photo.  I also inked the edges of the wood to give it a more distressed and "old west" look. After all, it is a "wanted" sign!  I decoupaged the paper to the wood using some Mod Podge.


I cut the "WANTED" from brown vinyl using my Silhouette Cameo and adhered it to the sign.  I then gave everything a light coat of Mod Podge (hoping that helps to keep it in tip top shape for years to come!).

The clothes pins got a bit of the distress ink on the edges too. They are hot glued in place.  Now they hold the unmatched socks in need of a mate. Even the ones that are a bit worn and stained!  Talk about airing my dirty laundry! :)

 



Shared at:
Cheerful Stamp Pad
Incy Wincy Designs
Make It Monday
My All Crafts Challenge
Inspire Me Fridays
Challenges 4 Everybody
My Grafico
Pretty Little Ribbon
613 Avenue Create
Creative Inspirations Paint
Bearly Mine
Party Time Tuesdays
Through the Craft Room Door
Lady Anne's
Whipperberry
Six Sisters
Sassy Little Lady







24 comments:

  1. yep - know that well - wonder what happens to them all?
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Our lone socks are on my dresser too! I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one fantastic, hilarious and exceptional creative idea. Thanks you for sharing it with us at TTCRD. :)S
    Oh, and I totally understand the stairway landing point, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really fabulous idea and so useful for most households as well.

    Thanks so much as sharing your lovely card with us at Pretty Little Ribbons Challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! I think sometimes my washing machine eats socks. You put a pair in for a wash, and out comes a single one sock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this is brilliant! I need one of these so bad! LMAO!!! So cute thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it very different,thank you for joining us at challenge 4 everybody good luck and hope to see you again soon.
    AJ dtm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very clever, fun, creative, and unique!
    Love it!!

    Thank you for joining in on the Creative Inspirations challenge!
    Michelle, dt team

    ReplyDelete
  9. I soooooo need to make one of these! It's really cute! Thanks for the inspiration;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome idea! I'm single and still cannot figure out how the sock thief manages to get to my socks?? Thank you for sharing your project in our neighborhood; good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cathy - this is an awesome project! I soooo need one of those signs too because the sock washing machine thief steals socks here aswell!!!!!!!!! Great creation, and thank you for sharing it at Incy Wincy Designs this week in our "Anything But A Card" challenge.
    Helen x (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fabulous project you have made which I think most of us Mum's or Wives could use, that forever asked question where is the other sock. Thank You for sharing this fabulous idea with us at Lady Anne's Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.
    Love ~ Lady Anne xx
    Lady Anne's Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic idea - great board.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic idea - great board.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to share this one with my daughter. She swears her house is the black hole. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! I think there must be gremlins in the dryer!

      Delete
  16. This is just about the cutest thing I have seen in a long time. I think the person who can solve the mystery of how you can lose a sock, in the dryer, in your own laundry room, will undoubtedly rule the world! I have to put one of these up in my Laundry room! Thanks for sharing this wonderful project idea in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a brilliant idea! Love your wonderful project. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Make It Monday! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello, I'd love to have you come share your post at Show and Tell Saturday #6 at Sassy Little Lady!

    http://www.sassylittlelady.com/blog/show-and-tell-saturday/show-and-tell-saturday-6

    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is too funny! I love it! Awesome. You have one fabulous imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL!! fabulous Idea!whose house does not need one of these!! thanks for joining us at BMC this time
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh I need this! I have a plastic bag where I throw all the mismatching.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Newest follower here! I found you through the six sisters' stuff blog hop :) You have a super cute blog, I can't wait to read more. You can find me at meandmr.com

    -Melanie @meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips