/*Drop Down Menu*/

Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer Solstice Blog Hop



Hey there!  It's not only Friday, but it is the Summer Solstice. So several of the Artists at Ideas For Scrapbookers are celebrating with a blog hop!  If you've been hopping along, then you just came from Sarah's blog "Scattered Pictures and Memories". And guess what? You've found the end of the hop!!

Need to start from the beginning? No problem, just visit the Ideas For Scrapbookers blog and start from there.  These are all the wonderful artists that you will be visiting:

Cathy (that's me): scrappycath.blogspot.com


With summer starting today, we thought we would share some great summer projects. I wanted to do a page using pictures from an amazing summer trip that we took to Hawaii!!!  My life is beyond crazy right now.  So I am really short on time. Scrapbooking usually takes me a L-O-N-G time. I take forever to pick out papers, sketch out a design, and find just the right elements. I really needed some help to be able to put together a nice page, quickly!! I turned to my trusty Silhouette Cameo to help me out. I used a scrapbook page layout shape available in the Silhouette online store.

I was able to create this page in about 40 minutes!  What took me the longest? Picking out the photo that I wanted to use!! Actually creating the page took less than 30 minutes!


The papers that I used are from the Graphic 45 Tropical Travelogue collection. They were just perfect to go with this photo from our trip to Hawaii.


I hope you've had a great time hopping along. Each of the artists in this hop are very talented, inspiring individuals. I count myself lucky to have them as my friends. Please be sure to stop by each of their posts and leave them some love!

Happy Summer and Happy Creating!





Shared at:
Milk Coffee Challenge
Sassy Studio Designs
Southern Girls
The Stitchin' Mommy
Craftionary
Redfly - Simply Create

14 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous!!! :) Love using my Cameo - always something inspiring in the store! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Stunning in its simplicity and just so pretty. Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beautiful page, Cathy! The background looks amazing! You scrapped the wonderful photo beautifully!! Happy summer! And what a great way to end out blog hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice picture and great use of chevron!!! I never know when to use it jejeje I am just a beginner! It was a great inspiration for me!
    Thanks!
    scrapingtime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous LO! I can't believe you made it so quickly!!! I love scrappin' but each page takes me forever! Thanks for sharing with us at Southern Girls Challenge.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Layout! Makes me want to get scrapping again! Thanks for joining us this week at DTBST and good luck in our CAS challenge this week!

    DebbieM
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Picking out the photos took the longest, lol, that is me sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your background! I really need a Cameo! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did this on a Cameo?? So cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout!! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous LO, love the design. Thanks for joining us at Milk Coffee.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely layout! Thank you for joining our DTBST Challenge this week.
    Ruza, SSD Designer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips