/*Drop Down Menu*/

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Cast a Spell


There is a chill in the air!  The moon is crisp and clear and Autumn is in her full glory!  Halloween is only 16 days away!  When I was asked to make a card for this weeks Card Caravan at The Hybrid Chick I knew I wanted to make a special card for Halloween.


I made this hybrid card using the digital kit Moon Laughs and Whispers by Etc. by Danyale. It has such a grown-up feel to the kit. I love the color scheme too!


The theme of this Card Caravan was to use either a sketch or a template for your design. I used a scrapbook template. Template 2 from Monster-licious by Cornelia Designs.  As you can see, the template is for a 2-page scrapbook layout. When I saw it, the right side of it really stood out to me as a great design for a card!

I used the included .png files from the template set to create cut shapes in my Silhouette software.  I then traced the shapes and elements needed to make the card.

I added some May Arts Ribbon and some Encrusted Jewels embossing glitter and fragments from Stampendous.  They add just the right amount of texture and bling.  I colored the flowers by spraying them with Tattered Angels Glimmermist.

This card is going out to a very special person who enjoys the Samhain holiday.  I just know she is going to love it!  Thanks for visiting!





shared at:
ABC Challenge
Artistic Inspirations
Cards in Envy
C is for Challenge
Craftin Desert Divas
Craft Your Passion
Crafty Boots
Creative Creations Challenge
Creative Cutting Challenge
Incy Wincy Designs
Lady Anne's Challenge
Lexi's Creations
Make it Monday
Make My Monday
Parade your Crafts
Sparkle n Sprinkle

22 comments:

  1. Great card, I love that witch! Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pretty, yet spooky Halloween card! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome card. I love the arc which makes it look like the witch is flying in front of the moon. thanks for playing at parade your crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Halloween card! This is one fab kit too! Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your unique background for this card. Great Halloween card. Thanks for joining us at the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge this month. Come back soon. Hugs, Barbara { personal blog - Art and Soul Creations}

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color scheme and that witch silhouette is simply perfect for a fun Halloween card. Thanks for playing with us over at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card Cathy, great shape to the witch. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great take on the l/o page. Love the witch silhouette. Thanks for sharing with us over at Sparkle N Sprinkle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Halloween card, thanks for sharing with us this week at Make My Monday
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool that you took a scrapbook sketch and converted it to a card. Very creative and effective. Thanks for joining our Add Some Embossing challenge at Craft Your Passion. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the witch! I just learned how to convert PNGs myself and am excited by the possibilities of using all those awesome digital scrapbooking files I've been accumulating! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at The Creative Cutting Challenge!
    Ruth - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card and I love the witch cut file and how you distressed her!
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutting Challenge!
    Cindy
    DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous pieces of art! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so fun!! I love the design and the flying witch!! Thanks so much for playing along at Craftin Desert Divas!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Craftin Desert Divas DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun combination of elements to create this spooky card. That witch is just fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy this fortnight. Good Luck! Danie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do love that spooky witch :o) Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at ABC Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fabulous! I love the witch. Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Craftin Desert Diva Halloween Linky Party. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  18. great halloween card!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Cards in Envy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful Halloween creation! Thanks for joining at Parade Your Crafts!
    Beth
    Beth's Beauties

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fancy layout! Love how you made this card. I would like to thank you for entering my ‘C… is for challenge’ blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card and looks like a great kit too! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time & good luck!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice! It's an unexpected combination, which makes it really fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips