/*Drop Down Menu*/

Friday, October 25, 2013

Get Well Cards


Unfortunately, I have a need for a few Get Well cards this week.  My sister-in-law broke her arm quite badly. She required surgery. She is in a lot of pain. I'm hopeful that the recovery will be quick and have her back to her normal active self soon!

I made this card for her using the sketch feature on my Silhouette Cameo. Have I mentioned that I love the sketch feature?


The flower and stem image is a sketch shape in the Silhouette Online Store.  I simply broke it apart to make the stem and the flower different colors. The pens that I used are Staedtler Triplus Fineliner. They are awesome!!  The sentiment is a cut shape that I converted to a sketch.  I added some glitter to the petals and leaves to increase the happiness factor of the card!


My father is having knee replacement surgery, so I needed a masculine card for him.  I used the same sentiment as a sketch for his card as well. I cute the seed head with the Silhouette Cameo. The embossing on the background paper is a Tim Holtz folder that I ran through my Cuttelbug.


Inking around the edges adds a nice touch of texture.

Here's hoping they both recover quickly and without any hiccups!





shared at:
Craftitude
Crafty Hands
Sister Act Card Challenge
4 Krafty Girls
Craftin Boutique
Crafty Little Fairies
Papercrafting Journey
Inspire Me Fridays
Stitchi Mommy: Get Crafty Fridays
Make it Monday




11 comments:

  1. Sorry you had to make get well cards. But they will surely cheer up the recipients. The cards are beautiful. I'm a newbie Silhouette Cameo owner and I love what it can do. I haven't tried the sketch option yet. Thanks for the inspiration to give it a try. Thanks for joining us at Craftitude Challenges this week. Good Luck.
    I am now following your blog. Please come over and follow me to
    Thanks
    Kitt
    http://kitts-world.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Get Well cards, the bright colours will cheer anyone up!
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Little Fairies :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant project love it - thank you for joining in the Crafty Girls Challenges - good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your first card! What a beautiful CAS design - and unusual colors. They work well together. Thanks for linking up with us at the Sister Act Challenge Blog.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both delightful creations .Fav is the first with those beautiful flowers but then I like the embossing on the second .
    Thanks for sharing both on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are very sweet they would cheer anyone up
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes October Linky Party. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great cards, thanks for sharing with us over at craftitude, good luck and hope to see you again
    caroline
    craftitude dt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful CAS get well cards love both images and embossing-thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls
    Carol GDT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely CSC love the colours.

    Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with our very first challenge at CraftyHands Challenge Blog.

    Great Big Huge Hugs

    Becca xx (CraftyHands DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful. Wishing your loved ones quick healing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the clean look of your cards. Just beautiful!
    Thanks for joining the Paper Crafting Journey.

    Hugs, Jacqueline

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips