/*Drop Down Menu*/

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Ornate Wedding Card and Envelope


The daughter of my very close friend is celebrating her wedding today.  She and her new husband are very special and dear to my heart.  I had to make an elegant card to show them how happy I am to see them as husband and wife!


I wish that I could capture the sparkle of this card in photographs. I used Spellbinders dies to cut the shapes. The blingy paper is some glittered cardstock. It's absolutely gorgeous all on it's own!  The kind of paper you just don't want to cut. You want to stare at it and enjoy it's shininess!  But then when you finally do cut it and make something with it, it grows even more beautiful!

The upper layer of cardstock I cut and then dry embossed. I love how dressy it turned out!


The flowers are from Prima. I thought they were just the right amount of color. They added a bit of whimsy and nature to the card as well.


A card like this couldn't just go in an ordinary envelope! Of course not, it needs a pretty one! And one that can fit such a thick card!!  So I made one.  I used double sided-adhesive cut on my Silhouette Cameo to create the hearts and initials for decorating the envelope.  After putting the adhesive in place, I then coated it with the different colors of glitter.  Oh more bling!!!  YES!!


The crinkly, May Arts Ribbon made the perfect closure. It's nice and shiny too!





shared at:
Crafty Girls
Charisma Cardz
DL Art
Crafty Little Fairies
Craftin' Boutique
Paper Crafting Journey
Southern Girls
CASE Study
7 Kids College Fund
Creative Moments
Rhedd and Rosie's
Whimsy Inspiration
Inspire Me Friday
Stitchin' Mommy
Make It Monday

13 comments:

  1. Kathy, this is so beautiful. You are so talented. Thanks for sharing. Teri Solano.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty design, Thank you for sharing over at MIM and good luck in our challenge, hugs Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one card that will end up a keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stunning card Cathy, love the white embossing on white card stock with the beautiful flowers!

      Good to see you join us for the Southern Girls Challenge, hope to you come back soon!
      ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
      Shell in Alaska
      http://akstamping.blogspot.com

      Sorry about that, messed up my message!

      Delete
  5. brilliant project- thank you for entering the Crafty Girls Challenge - good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This issuch an elegant wedding card...love the beautiful blue flowers and ornate labels.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is just beautiful... love the flowers... wonderful job!
    I'm visiting from MIM

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful project.
    Thanks for joining us at Creative moments this fortnight.

    Zoe DT member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow such a beautiful creation, thank you for joining us at Creative Moments
    Alex (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is stunning! Love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosies challenge.
    Hugs
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely stunning. I can't imagine that it looks better in real life than in the pics. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful embossed card. The flowers look elegant on it! Thank you for joining us at http://www.7kidscollegefund.com. Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips