/*Drop Down Menu*/

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thankful Femme Card


Isn't she cute????  Another beauty that I made from the new Femme kits by the wonderful Arty Pants Digital Stamps designer!!!  For this one I used bits of the following sets:

The Sentiment came from her Thanksgiving Sentiments Digital Stamps .

I created the She Art/Doll in my photo editing software (Photoshop CS6). The doll stamps are amazing. They are layered files so it is easy to clip papers to the body, dress, hair, etc.  I also used several stamps from the different collections like you would rubons in "real" paper designing.



Once I had the girl the way I wanted her, I saved her as a .png file.  I simply dragged that file into my Silhouette Software and resized her to fit my card layout.  I also dragged papers from the Femme kits into the shapes I had laid out in the Silhouette Software for the card base and elements.  Same with the sentiment, I just dragged that over, placed it and resized it.


I traced the doll to cut around her, then sent everything to my print and cut!  Love that feature on my Silhouette!!  Since I had everything cut as individual parts of the card, I could apply inks to edges to give it some definition. I also used pens, India inks and Caran d"ache Neocolor II wax crayons to give the doll some character.

Thanks so much for stopping by!





shared at:
365 Cards
4 Crafty Chicks
Aud Sentiments
DL.ART
Inspired by Stamping
Milk Coffee
Sassy Studio
Shelly's Images




10 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card! Thanks for joining us this week for our "Anything Goes" challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I really appreciate your visit! And WOW! This card is so beautiful. I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Very creative! Thanks so much for joining our "November – Give Thanks" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
    Darlene
    Shelly's Images Store
    SHELLY’S IMAGES BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  4. So different Cathy! I love it...really stands out! Thank you for joining us at DTBST this week! HUGS

    Kim
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! Love the colors that you used. Thank you for joining us at IBS. Hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a really different style of card, so refreshing. Love the paper piecing and I too love the print and cut feature on the silhouette, makes life soooo much easier...hehe...Great project. Thank you for joining us over at MilkCoffee Challenge x
    Milkcoffee Challenges
    Little Pear Tree

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible creation! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling card and the paper piecing is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous paper-piecing... I didn't realise you could do that too on the silhouette. It really does *everything*, doesn't it? Thank you for playing along at Milk Coffee this challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely card.
    Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs,
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips