/*Drop Down Menu*/

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Butterfly Card


Winter time birthday's don't always have to get snowy, cold looking cards!  Especially if the recipient is not a fan of snow!  Butterflies seemed the perfect touch when I was making a card recently for a friend. They are always a sign of hope, life, grace... and warmer temperatures!


Kraft paper made the base for this card.  Then I layered some blue colored cardstock layered on top.  I was able to cut the butterflies, patterned, white and red panels from remnants left from previous projects. I love when you can turn your scraps into something beautiful!

After dry embossing some of the butterflies, I layered them using just a touch of adhesive in the middle. I pulled their wings up to give them dimension. Looks like they are ready to take flight!

Hoping this card delivered some warm birthday wishes!





Shared at:
365 Cards
Alphabet Challenge
Bloggers Challenge
Craftitude
Crafts Too Challenge You
Polkadoodles
Scrapping 4 Fun

5 comments:

  1. beautiful card and i love the layered butterfly's :) so glad you joined us on 365 Cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that's a very clever way of using some scrap papers!!! Love all the great butterflies.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Craftitude challenge. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO pretty! I have a couple of butterfly punches that you've inspired me to use now! :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love the colors and the 3D effect! Great work!
    thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips