/*Drop Down Menu*/

Friday, January 3, 2014

Scrapping Simply and Designing with Silhouette


Happy New Year!!!! Over the past year, I've not had a lot of time for scrapping.  I've stayed creatively active. I'm still making cards and home decor, but I just didn't get much time to scrap.  Which is really disappointing to me.

I love to preserve the many memories, big and small, that my family experiences. Looking back through the scrapbooks is always so comforting and fun.  I decided that I needed to add scrapping back into my life. So I've made it a goal for this year!

But, I tend to get side-tracked from the task because I become overwhelmed. I want to record the memory, but I also want my page to be very appealing.  When I look around for inspiration, I start to turn my page into something more. More artistic. More full. More graphic. More involved..... which makes me feel more pressured! And then, I end up not getting the page made.

I read this article recently, Why I Stopped Scrapbooking by Lisa Moorefield. It made me re-think how I've been scrapping.  I don't need each page to be innovative and worthy of hanging in an art museum!  I just need the page to capture our memories.  So, I'm scaling back, I'm purging supplies, I'm getting more simple, and I'm going to scrap more!

I Got this year off to a good start by already getting a page done!  Using a photo from our New Year's Eve fun, I designed this page in the Silhouette software.  This is another thing that helps keep it simple for me. Simple shapes, easy layout, easy cutting!


We had fun using some props for photos. I made those with the Silhouette too. So I incorporated them right into the page design.


I'm not a fan of my own handwriting, so I typed out the journaling and used the print-and-cut feature to add that to my page.



Using a sketch pen, I added some simple details like the date and drawn circles.. I really like the diversity of the Silhouette Cameo tool.

After I had everything printed or cut out, I added adhesive to put it all together.  Ta-Da!  One page completed!!  May not sound like much, but, that is an accomplishment for me!





Shared at:
Stitchin' Mommy
Make it Monday
Creatalicious
Tip Junkie Handmade Projects

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Cathy! Love your new LO and it's great to see your awesome work again. I'm with you.. I didn't get to scrap much last year.. hopefully things will get better this year scrap-wise for all of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I got a Silhouette for Christmas and have loved seeing what you've done with it!
    Happy New Year! Love and miss you! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you got me ..I love CAS style so I love this page with the photos being the high profile and embellishing simple .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I'm off to read the link ... I got bogged down and feeling the same way this past year. I wanted each layout or week of Project Life to be something fancy and I'm more of a clean & simple type of scrapper. I'm not into the art journals or elaborately embellished pages like most of my friends. I'm just me, and it's all I can be. I have forgiven myself many times when I get frustrated by a layout, thinking what ELSE can I add, and have no more creativity left for it. I have to remember my scrapbooks are for me, and if I'm happy with them, that's all that should matter. Of course, I always WANT my pages to look like my favorite bloggers, LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips