/*Drop Down Menu*/

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Mother's Day Cherry Blossom


Getting ready for Mother's Day weekend. I had a few moments to craft and set about to make a Mother's Day card for my mom. I fell in love with the colors in the Free 2 Fly kit by Etc by Danyale and decided to use that to create this card. I love the bright patterns in this kit too.


 I did a bit of stitching on the polka dot paper, then distressed and inked those edges. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the doily and flower pieces. The sentiment was created using a pen and the sketch feature of the Cameo. I then cut the banner pieces out with the Cameo.


The flower was easy to put together. I glued each of the center stamen pieces to each other alternating edges. Then I gathered them upwards. I used a stylus to roll the flower petals inward before adhering them to each other. Glued the stamen in the center and added some Stickles glitter glue to the very center.

I think my mom is going to love this card!





shared at:
4 Crafty Chicks
Charisma Cardz
Crafty Girls
Get Crafty Friday

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! She'll love it! I assume you're seeing her in person, as I doubt this card would survive a trip in an envelope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy. Yes I am seeing her. This definitely would not mail well!

      Delete
  2. This is just beautiful! I really love the doily underneath, it REALLY makes the flower stand out! I bought several of the 3D flowers during the sale and just love them, this one needs to go on my wishlist for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is just stunning! I love that flower! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.
    Tina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card love the flower. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz for our Mothers Day challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing!! I love that flower - how neat! Thanks so much for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips