/*Drop Down Menu*/

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Daily Journal

First and foremost I want to say thank you to all of you that still visit my blog, leave comments and find inspiration from the creations that I share. My life has taken on new challenges over the past year or so, leaving me less time for creating. Makes me long for more hours in the day!  I'm ever so joyed when I can see the beautiful things you create using my ideas and tutorials. Thank you for sharing them with me.


Now to share my latest creation with you. A Daily Journal. I was in need of a new journal for just jotting down those little daily things. You know, funny moments, passing emotions, milestones.... memories.  So I made a new journal.  I used a cereal box which I cut to create the cover.  Then I covered it with papers from the This or That kit by Etc by Danyale digital kit. A gorgeous kit that has some beautiful textured papers and wonderful accent elements. I may just have to use this for some digital scrapping as well!


I made the elements on the front page using my Silhouette Cameo. Some are shapes from the Silhouette online store and others I created myself.


The butterfly came to life with the help of some Bridal Glitter embossing powder. Can't really see in this photo, but it sparkles wonderfully!


The heart shape got some texture and dimension with a bit of clear embossing powder. I sparingly stamped the green paper with Top Boss so that it would not create a smooth covering, but rather a very bumpy one.  I love the way it turned out!


Inside the front cover are some pockets for stashing stuff.  Of course I decorated them with phrases and decor I cut using the papers from the kit.





The back cover is just one of the papers from the kit. So absolutely stunning all on it's own! I love the "realness" to these digital papers. They are so alluring!  There is a great art journaling quality to them.

Here are a few more photos of details of this journal/mini album.  Since I intend to use this as a journal for writing, the interior pages are just lined notebook paper.






Happy creating!



2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Cathy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry if you get this twice. I hit "publish" and my comment never showed up. I guess I wasn't signed in when I did it.

    This is such a pretty journal! I especially love the butterfly. I saw a red, white, and blue butterfly the other day and your journal cover gives me an idea of something to do with it. Thanks!

    Have a wonderful evening. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips