/*Drop Down Menu*/

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Vacation Scrapping


We enjoyed a bonfire on the beach on a recent vacation. It made for lots of laughs and great memories. It just had to be the first photo that I scrapped after we returned.  I used my Silhouette to design the layout of the page and cut all the details.  The moon, stars and brackets are cut through the layers of papers. The actual title and journaling were printed on the back (white) paper.

The campfire is a file in the Silhouette Shape store. I made it into a "beach" fire by adding sand. Yes, actual sand from the beach that we visited. I mixed the sand with some Art Glitter Elements (E33 Cuttings and E37 Morocco). I ran the paper oval through my Xyron to apply adhesive for the sand mixture to stick to, sprinkled the mixture on and then spritzed with a little bit of Beacon Adhesive spray decoupage sealer to keep it in place!


This page I did using digital kits and elements. The kits  I used are Blue Skies, Midnight Sun and Sugar Sand Beach all by Etc by Danyale. I blended a few papers together to create the cloudy blue/green/gray background for the panoramic photo. I started with a template by Scrapping with Liz, which I turned on it's side. Don't you just love when a template helps you get your memories scrapped faster?!



3 comments:

  1. I love that you used actual sand on the layout! It looks great and such a fun way to incorporate a souvenir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is so cool that you used real sand!! :) I adore that campfire and the title! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the campfire photo - I can almost feel the warmth here! I absolutely love the embellies in your second layout - so pretty. Cathy, I wanted to let you know that I've mentioned you in my newest post over at my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips