/*Drop Down Menu*/

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Back to School


This has got to be the fastest I've ever gotten something scrapped!  Took the picture in the morning. Made the layout that same day!  Wowza. OK, so that may not seem so fast to many of you. But I'm a r-e-a-l-l-y slow scrapper. Really. Slow.  So I'm pretty thrilled that I was able to scrap a photo I had just taken the same day!!

I used some papers from the Little Yellow Bicycle  Generation Z set.  They are wonderful masculine papers.  Yes, it's an old release. See I bought it when it was new with the intent to scrap photos of my sons. But I just haven't gotten to it!

Today was different.  I snapped some "back-to-school" photos of my kids as they headed off this morning.  After work I had some time. And some mojo. Great combination when those two things come together, isn't it?


Using the Silhouette Studio software, I designed the layout.  I cut the hexagons and the elements.  On the plain blue cardstock I sprayed some Glimmer Mist and some craft paint to great a sparkly splattered background.

To get the yellow arrows under the word art to layout perfectly, I used a little bit of contact paper to [pick them up off the mat as they were designed. I applied adhesive to the back, laid them on the paper and removed the contact paper.

The journal spot is from Little Yellow Bicycle too.

It sure felt good to do some scrapping today!  Hope you're are getting time to be creative too!


2 comments:

  1. Photo to completed layout in a single day?! Wow! That's lightning fast! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this layout, and that is super fast!!! I'm still a year behind!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips