/*Drop Down Menu*/

Friday, September 26, 2014

Hybrid Autumn Wreath


Despite all of my attempts, I'm not able to stop Autumn and Winter from coming.  I don't mind Autumn, really. It's Winter that I'm not a big fan of. And it always seems to creep it's way into the middle/end of Autumn and then hangs around well into Spring.

To help enjoy the Fall season a bit more, I thought I'd add some decor to the house to keep the focus on this gorgeous time of year.  Using the beautiful digital kit Climbing Trees and Falling Leaves by Etc by Danyale, I created this candle wreath.

The papers in this are super rich and vibrant and there are so many amazing patterns to choose from! There are also coordinating solid color papers too. A must for someone like me who will be dipping back into the kit to create some festive cards!


After selecting a few papers and printing them out, I cut the shapes for the "leaves" of my wreath using my Silhouette Cameo.  I wrapped some ribbon around a wreath form, then started gluing the leaves to it using fabric glue.  It was a great project to do while catching the season opener of one of my favorite TV shows this week!

My plan is to use this as a candle wreath as I've shown it here. But I also made a loop on the back so that I can hang the wreath if I choose.

Hope you are having a wonderful adjustment to the changing seasons!

Shared at:


8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. So nicely done! Great colors....
    Thanks for playing along with our Mini Crop at Scrapping Everyday Miracles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wowwwwww!! I love this!!! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous fall decor.. amazing project.. thanks for playing along at SEM mini crop

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful candle wreath! perfect for our color challenge! Thanks for sharing it with us at Scrapping Everyday Miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Cathy---definitely a perfect entry for the color challenge at SEM this month. So glad you linked up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Creation. Thanks for playing at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips