/*Drop Down Menu*/

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Scrapping During Recovery


Sometimes life tosses curve balls at you. The best thing you can do is find a way to just go with them. I had great plans of accomplishing so many projects during the fall/winter months. But instead, I needed some major surgery on my right (dominant) arm. I've been laid up and unable to accomplish even the simplest of daily life tasks.


I decided to try to scrap photos from this adventure. Not to worry - I blurred out all the incisions and nasty stuff for those that don't like to see that! Since I can't handle most of my tools or lift/carry anything yet, I thought I'd do some digital scrapping. Turns out, even that is difficult!  After spreading the work out over a period of 3 days, I still ended up in pain with lots of swelling! So I'm just going to quickly share this 2 pager that I created.  

The kit Everyday Kind of Hero by Etc by Danyale was perfect for my theme of Surgery-Recovery.  Using the templates Gimme Pockets Vol 4 by Cluster Queen Creations made it easy to layout my photos and journaling.


Here is a view of the 2 pages side by side. And now I'm going to rest and rejuvenate my arm with some of my PT moves.




4 comments:

  1. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I'm supposed to go back in for major abdominal surgery soon. I've been looking at these table mount tablet holders. Have you seen them? Seems like it would help when laying in bed. Anyway I hope you feel better soon. Not fun when you are limited to to a bed basically. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear that even digital scrapping is painful. :( How frustrating. When is your arm expected to be as good as new?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, don't push yourself, or try to do too much, too soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so relate, as I feel and broke my arm a couple of months ago! (non dominant, just above the wrist) which required surgery, too! Wozers!
    I love three way you documented this time.
    I have painting projects, so "could" have done mortar, but just didn't have the ENERGY for awhile!
    I'mdoing much better now, cast is off, I'm Bach at work... hope you're doing great now, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips