/*Drop Down Menu*/

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Altered Lantern


Remember that Log-in Organizer Notebook I made? Well, I had some papers left over from it. Papers that I had printed double sided from the digital kit She Believes by Etc by Danyale.  So I decided to make some flowers with them.  I used the cut file from Wendy Bird Designs called Pretty Petals Vol 3. Then I used my spritz and scrunch technique which you can find in my tutorial here to create the flowers. By cutting them at different sizes and mixing the different petal patterns, and changing up the centers, I was able to create unique looking flowers of varying sizes.  Then came the question of what to do with the flowers?

I had this very plain lantern on my mantel. The flowers seemed the perfect way to dress it up!  I added some trims, lace, ribbon and leaves. Now I've got a rather pretty lantern!

By the way - the candle inside it is one of those battery operated ones. Don't want to have real flames near these paper pretties!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips