/*Drop Down Menu*/

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Movie Birthday and How to Give Netflix as a Gift



One of my son's has a birthday coming up. He's a huge movie fan. I mean he's a walking encyclopedia of movie knowledge. He LOVES movies. He loves to watch them, learn about them, read about them. It is truly a hobby for him.


This is the card that I made for him.  I used  the digital kit Cottage No9 by Etc by Danyale for the patterned/colored papers.  I cut and priced all the elements.  On the movie clapperboard I wrote his age and birthday (blurred out). Of course I added his name to the director's chair!


Here's a bit of a closer look at some of the paper piecing. I used the polka dot yellow and yellow patterned papers from the kit, along with some inks to give the popcorn a bit of dimension.

 One of the gifts that he is getting for his birthday is a subscription to Netflix.  But seriously, how do you wrap that up?  So I came up with this idea.  I created a hidden box card and dressed up like a fancy movie theater.


When he unties the curtain sash (ribbon). the box opens to reveal the movie screen with a marquee like look announcing "Now Showing Netflix"  I hope he gets a kick out of it!






2 comments:

  1. So cool! I know someone who is using movie theme for a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! What a great theme and such a fun way to give an impossible-to-wrap gift!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips