/*Drop Down Menu*/

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Smashing Disney Journal


In preparation for an upcoming trip, I've started putting together a travel journal. I like to make these especially for vacations. There are so many memories that happen and you want to capture them quickly, rather than waiting until you get home to scrapbook them.  You can see some of the other journals/smash books that I've created here.

For this one, I wanted a Disney theme to it. I used the amazing digital kit Cottage No9 by Etc by Danyale to create this book.  This kit is fabulous. The colors are gorgeous and rich, the papers and elements lend themselves to all sorts of scrapbooking, crafting, and card making. And they happen to blend well with Disney stuff!  




I wanted a smash book that could capture all the fun that we are going to have, along with places to store some of the memorabilia, trinkets and other paraphernalia that we pick up on the trip.  So I created several pages with pockets. I also pre-made additional pockets using papers from the digital kit. These I can easily adhere in the book wherever I need them!


Using papers from the digital kit and the print and cut feature on my Silhouette Cameo, I create a bunch of elements to use through out the book to help me document our trip on the go.  Some are just accent pieces, some are detailed paper-pieced decorations and some are cute journaling tags.


I used book rings to bind the smash book. This will make it easy for me to add lined paper for jotting down our daily agenda and special memories that we want to reflect on.  I pre-made numbered tabs to use on my journal pages for each day of our stay.  I use one of the binder bands from K&Company to wrap around the book, it's got slots to hold the Smash Stick, and several pens.

When I get home from the trip, all I need to do is add a few photos and tie some ribbons on the book rings to dress it up. And voila, I've got a journal/scrapbook for our trip all done lickety-split!


2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips