/*Drop Down Menu*/

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Hybrid Journal Card Mini Album


The best laid plans.....  I had this blog post all written up and ready to go back in September. Then I forgot to set it to publish!  D'oh!  So sorry!!  Hopefully you already saw it over at the Etc by Danyale blog!  If not - you can read it now!


This is such a cute and quick project. Using Journal Cards from the On the Street We Live digital kit by Etc by Danyale, I was able to put together this mini album about our home and neighborhood in no time!

On the Street We Live Journal Cards

Aren't they adorable?  So here's how I did this. I have a Silhouette Cameo. I used a mini album file from the Silhouette store.  But you could easily make this by just printing the journal cards and cutting them to make the pages of the album.  This album is 4x6". 

I brought the journal cards that I wanted to use into the Silhouette Studio software. I laid them out. I also did some pages using papers from the digital kit.  I set the Registration marks on and printed them 2 at a time to 8.5x11" presentation paper.


I then ran them through my Silhouette Cameo to cut them. Then I inked all the pages. I love the depth that inking can give to a project.  

I laid out the photos that I wanted to use in Photoshop. You could do this in Silhouette Studio. I printed them and cut them out and inked the edges as well.

Then I assembled the album.  I adhered the pages back-to-back. Here's how it turned out:




Here is a closer look at some individual pages:











Happy creating!
Shared at:

9 comments:

  1. I didn't see it in September, so I'm glad you're sharing it now! It's really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous little memory album, the papers are so perfect for your photos! I love it! Thanks for sharing with us Creative Moments.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous project, thanks for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination and good luck. Wendy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your mini album over at little red wagon and wanted to get a better look. Love it! Never thought to use my Silhouette to create my layouts. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous project Cathy. Love it. Thank you for playing along with the Chocolate Baroque Color Challenge.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great project Cathy, thanks for a great entry into our Chocolate Baroque challenge, Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous project! I appreciate all the effort you put into your album and I love that you added all the journaling to tell your story. Thanks for playing along with us at Little Red Wagon :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant project Cathy, thanks for entering the Chocolate Baroque Challenge and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely memory album. Thank you for your entry into the Chocolate Baroque Challenge x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I do read them all and appreciate each and every one!

 
Blogging tips